Thread: Plantronics GameCom 377 is not recognized by Control Panel.

Plantronics GameCom 377 is not recognized by Control Panel.

I am having the new Plantronics GameCom 377, this I bought before the few days and this was working very fine in my cause. But here when I am trying to insert this on in my system at that time I can see that there is no headphones listed in the Control Pane. I mean to say that this when I connect this one in my computer at this time I see that my system is not recognizing this headphone. When I am using the other headphone with the same system at that time I can see that they get recognized by the system but with this headphone only this problem occurs. Can someone help me in this cause?

Re: Plantronics GameCom 377 is not recognized by Control Panel.

Ok, I get you problem over here, and I think that this problem is related with the software. So I will suggest you to get this headphone to check in the other computer and then see that if this will worked in that system. And this will also help you to know that there some problem in the connecting jack of the PC. So try with this and reply me back if this worked in your cause.

After searching to get resolve your problem here I came to know that there are problem with the Plantronics software. The problem is that Plantronics software is not compatible with the 377. And also this not supports the most of the old Operating system. If you are going to use this one in your system t that time the OS will list the Sound card only, not this one. So I will suggest you that while connecting the headset make sure that you are connecting in the right pin to your system. If you are going to connect this in the wrong pin then there will be no sound in the headphone.

In your cause I am sure that there will be some problem with the headphone only. I am sure abut this thigh because I can see that you are saying that you have also checked your system with using the other headphones also and there you find that they are working properly with your system. So surely there will be problem related with the headphone. And also as I know that you have said that before few days ago you get this headphone, so this will be in the warranty period. If so then try to replace this faulty headphone and get the new one instead of this.

I think that for this you will need to check for the sound card information in the control panel to make sure that system is giving the sound or not. After checking this connects the headphone to the right Pin and then sees again if this starts working at this point.

The important thing in this cause is that when you are trying to get connect this headphone in your system at that time you will get this problem, and I am sure about this. I am sure about this because you are suing the new Plantronics GameCom 377 and this is the analog headset. And in your system it will happens that you are having the digital sound card, if so then you will surely get this problem while connecting this. so I think that fist make sure that you are not having the digital sound card, if so then try to contact with the manufacturer of the soundcard to take the help in this cause.

Hey friends, I am also having this problem with my Plantronics GameCom 377, and after searching on the so many forums I get the suggestion over here. And I am going to try with the all suggestion which you all have suggested here. And if I will get some problem then I will reply back here for this.

After reading all the suggestion over here I came to know that this is an analog headset and my system supports only digital headset because my system is having digital sound card. Thanks for telling me about the actual problem with the headset.