Thread: HP Pavilion dv9700 won't boot but battery LED blinks 3 times

HP Pavilion dv9700 won't boot but battery LED blinks 3 times

HP Pavilion dv9700 laptop died in the middle process and now it is not booting in any manner. I have done everything that make to boot again but no hope yet. With battery, when I press the power button, the Battery LED to wink 3 times, and afterward nothing. If the laptop is coupled to AC power, the circle in the region of the power connector lights up. I have reseated the HDD and RAM and also cleaned up the fans. Still the same.

Re: HP Pavilion dv9700 won't boot but battery LED blinks 3 times

Maybe you can measure the electrical circuitry, which lie directly behind the DC plug when the NT is in place, here it should be 19, or about 3 volts. The problem is typical in this series and it is usually the transistors. You can use the device like the one for us and we will create a KV.

It is a problem with the video card overheating seems to me, I had the same problem but the truth is not how it was that the technician repaired it take you where I was told we had to weld new video card, I have HP Pavilion dv4 1212la one, the problem is that it is poorly designed because in my case I have an AMD Athlon X2 64-bit, read as cause overheating in the notebook.

Primarily to the time it takes the equipment on the market, is under warranty, do not touch the laptop, but not yours, check the feeder cable to the current, often not well fitted by tugs are given without want.

I spend the same call HP support and they told me this: First remove the battery that is behind the notebook, then hold ctrl + alt + light for two minutes and turned loose and put out again put the battery and turn on normally, it should work and if not, repeat the process this time without removing the battery, hold them down and start.

The Caps Lock LED as well as Num lock will flash if an error is detected for the duration of the boot process. The LED will blaze one or two times, forming a series, and afterward end it. The number of flashes denotes which module cycle caused an error whilst being tested all through startup. If the LEDs prevent flashing and the PC does not initiate, you can push the power button another time to do again the tests. Count the figure of flashes and identify the error situation. Knowing the quantity of flashes will be helpful while you contact the HP support mediator for help.

I had the same blinking lights, power up and shut down and loop. After a day of hit and miss and reading everyones posts for suggestions....... I changed the CPU... it booted right up! Luckily I had a second HP DV9700 to pull one from. I tried EVERYTHING before trying this, only because I didn't really want to take apart the second one.........but finally it was the LAST thing to try and IT WORKED!

Many of the times the ribbon cable from the power button get corrupted. So changing that cable might help you in this case. I hope that this will be helpful for you.