Thread: Laptop Caps and Num lock lights are blinking every 2 seconds

Laptop Caps and Num lock lights are blinking every 2 seconds

When I power on my laptop I saw nothing except a blank display along with blinking caps as well as num lock lights. I lastly got Windows vista restarted following turning it off plus on a pair of times. The whole thing appears to be operational; on the other hand the caps as well as num lock lights are at rest blinking each 2 seconds. What would be the reason?

Re: Laptop Caps and Num lock lights are blinking every 2 seconds

At startup you may see a blank screen. If the diagnostics a specific problem with the hardware components found, then the fans are running but the screen remains blank. The cause of the problem, it there are some LED lights on the keyboard according to a particular code will flash. The diagnostic tools that use the LEDs near the Num Lock - Caps Lock keys, or by flashing a code. If this pattern is completed, keep the flash on. The flashing takes place every time the computer attempts to boot if the error persists.

You could also try a BIOS reset times to make. Can you make it into the BIOS at all? If not then just take the motherboard battery out and put them back inside.

I have noticed recently that my MB is no longer automatically goes to sleep after inactivity (see my other thread). Go for a few seconds after the screen goes blank and the Caps and Num Lock LEDs on very weak. Also a kind of weak scintillation. A PMU reset, I've just completed unsuccessfully. Goes with you the rest or automatic? When I walk test (category, etc), only manually