Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2011

Laptop keeps turns on and off and won't stop

Just got a few month old HP Pavillion dv6700 model number dv6812nr. After several days usage, today it light up for 2 seconds except afterward turns off for some seconds, after that on, then off, then on, next off. It just keeps on doing the same until I hold the power key in order to permanently shut down or remove the battery. I have double checked the RAM, nothing. Tried different troubleshooting but still the same.
Old 12-10-2011

Re: Laptop keeps turns on and off and won't stop

Check all settings in the bios and windows is already available in ... If you cannot find anything you may need to format the entire laptop.
Old 12-10-2011

First of all I would try to log in safe mode and check the event log to see what system or application error reports. The properties of the operating system, you can uncheck the restart in the Startup and Recovery tab: This allows you to see the text in blue screen when the computer restarts. Capture this information; it will be easier to find the best solution, before handing the notes.
Old 12-10-2011

It should be a simple software problem in Windows XP.
  • Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Boot from the Windows XP CD.
Note: The computer must be configured to boot from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
  • When booted press R to start Recovery Console.
  • Press 1 to access your primary drive using Recovery Console.
  • When prompted, type the administrator password. If you do not have an administrator password, just press ENTER.
  • Type "COPY X: \ i386NTLDR C:
COPY X: \ i386NTDETECT.COM C: "
Replace X with your CD-ROM Drive letter.
  • For safety, also enter the command "FIXBOOT".
  • At this point the computer restarts, Windows XP should start (at least in safe mode).
Old 12-10-2011

You should let a technician to check your computer; it might be a hardware problem most likely your processor heat was too.... I encountered the same problem with my computer and I changed the thermal complex of my CPU and after that work well...
Old 12-10-2011

I think the problem is in some loose cables. Just open the case and reset the hard drive cables, cables to reset the motherboard, and try resetting ram it. Even though still use, just to clean all computer fans in the dust since issue leading to the heat of the computer. it?s a hardware problem I encountered and even solve it.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,