Thread: HP Pavilion dv6700: Laptop turns on off, automatically.

HP Pavilion dv6700: Laptop turns on off, automatically.

I am having the new Pavillion dv6700 and after the two days when I get this to my home, I am getting the very bad problem with this. and the problem is that this is getting related for about 2 seconds. For resolving this I have also tried with the removing the RAM but ]still the same problems occurs. Also I have tried with the pressing the F8 and F10 in the hope that we could get to a point to run some troubleshooting but nothing happens to me. Can anyone help in this cause.

Re: HP Pavilion dv6700: Laptop turns on off, automatically.

Hey I think that there will be so problem with the Ram only. Try to remove the RAM and then insert the other RAM on the Laptop. Si there will be some problem related with the RAM then by using the other RAM you will came to know that the problem is totally related with while part of your system.

Hey I am also having the same problem with my HP DV6113 and me also get this problem after the two days when I get this to my home. And also in my cause the wireless is now not working in this cause. for resolving this I have also tried with the looking at the HPs website and saw the recall regarding wireless not working. Since I don't use or need wireless very often, I was not willing to give up my laptop for probably at least 3 weeks

I was having the notebook DV6000, and this was working so good. But I start getting this type of the problem when I get the replaced of the motherboard on a recall. They have given me 90 day warranty on the replacement and the computer failed as described in the above post two weeks after the 90 day warranty expired. And when I get that problem at that time I get that they refuses to replace the defective part they put in. anyone can help in my cause also?

Here, I am having some suggestion about your problem, follow with it and hope that this worked in your cause:-
    • Turned off the computer.
    • Removed Battery and disconnected power cord.
    • Waited, pensively, for 5-10 minutes.
    • Plugged the power cord back in but DO NOT reinsert the battery
    • 5. Holding down the Insert/Scroll button, hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds,
    • And then release the power button. still hold the Insert/Scroll button pressed the computer shoul come up and Windows should boot.
    • Restart hit ESC it should open the BIOS and reset to default. restart computer should come back.

Reply back if you get the problem again.

such a great steps for resolving the problem. I tried with this all steps to get resolve the automatic start problem on my HP Pavilion dv6700 laptop. And after that I found that the problem get resolved. I am so happy now and I would like to say thanks to you, for giving me the great steps. If again I will get any problem them I will reply here back for getting the suggestion. Thanks again for the steps.