Thread: HP HDX 18T reboots randomly when playing 3D Games

HP HDX 18T reboots randomly when playing 3D Games

I mostly use this laptop for business (SAP, Citrix, MS Office, and so on) without any issuesl. Yesterday I had a holiday so planned to play World of Warcraft at night but the laptop will haphazardly shut off following just about 30 minutes of play or so. And then it automatically starts. It happened to me several time after that. As far as I know I am using the most updated drivers. There is nothing issue with other applications.

Re: HP HDX 18T reboots randomly when playing 3D Games

I'm not the technician and I am no expert but surely if the problem occurs when the stress is vga the first thing that comes to mind is the pc goes into protection for time. is in fact seen the narrow spaces common parts are well dissipated. Use some benchmarks in order to have the rebuttal. If so, whether the laptop is under warranty open it, clean it of all the dust etc. and if you do it (or ask here how to do) put the good thermal paste on the different components (especially video card and processor). If the laptop is still under warranty relied upon in the service center.

As is probably overloaded and the graphics chip to overheat and thus off the notebook.

If the hardware meets the requirements, it might help to clean the times. Does not mean, however, that after the games can be seen in 3D. It is not in vain on every package that mobile graphics chips are not supported. It can run, but not necessarily.

If under warranty it is best that you take it and have it reviewed well. It is the best option you have as this review will be conducted by experts and will also be free. The problem could be in principle by heating or by failure of the battery (if not connected to stow the power line) or the power supply.

I do not think they are feeding problems, since this is a notebook: IMHO the problems could be of two types
    • Question of RAM (do a test with Memtest86 +)
    • Overheating problem (very common when it makes extensive use of video card and processor with certain games)
    • Another type of problem hardware / software
    • To go to the Security Event Viewer (Start> type eventvwr.msc)> Windows Logs> System and post the error messages that occurred just before the crash the PC

The overheating of the processor with the latest motherboards due to automatic shutdown of the computer to prevent damaging the CPU. Check if the ventilation of the case is correct, and that the processor fan functions. Maybe you need a splash of compressed air on the fins of the heatsink, or even the replacement of the fan.

If memories are damaged, of course, it takes a bar of new memories.

To see if the memories are just the causes of the problem do so. Unmount all the components of the computer, leaving only the necessary. Then run memtest and let it run for a few hours. The test results you should see if the shutdown is responsible for memory.

My problem is now resolved, it had a fan that had burned, but came back in order.

In theory it may be overheating due to the game, but if you've ever seems unlikely (unless it is the first time you play with the PC), it seems more likely to be a bug that under certain conditions causes the crash

I had the same problem and have bios update performed and then the graphics card in the bios of dynamically determined ... since the set automatically switches the device into the low Graphics mode if I leave it running in normal mode and battery with network runs the ATI and the gamble that thing runs like tinder without shutdown....

Another possibility would be time to gamble with Powerplay enabled. So of course you have a limited graphics power, but the card stays cooler. No crashes at Powerplay indicated gamble with, of course, also point to a thermal problem in normal mode ...I've now played on it the driver again removed and reinstalled. I also tried the approach with the power play. Today the problem is still not back test occurred (even in normal operation). I trust this peace is not yet. But if I did not sign me, then everything is fine.