Thread: My Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818 is not starting at all

My Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818 is not starting at all

I am having a Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818 and the problem I am facing is that even when I am pressing the power button the laptops is not getting started. I have checked the power adapter and the voltage detector as well and everything is working fine at their side I don’t know what is wrong with it I think that it is running but not displaying but I am not sure. I don’t know what to do know I have tried all the possible ways that I could have nut nothing seems to be helping. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: My Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818 is not starting at all

Try doing it in this way:
    • Unplug the power chord
    • Remove the battery
    • Press the power button down for 30 seconds
    • Insert the battery
    • Press the power button down for 30 seconds
    • Plug it into the mains turning it on

And check if it helps.

In order to perform a trouble shooting just hook a monitor to it just to check if there is no kind of problem with the display .If you are able to run it in the monitor you have connected than just try to check the display properties and try to change it as well and then see if it helps you or not but if it is not working than I will suggest you to copy all your data in to a external HDD in order to avoid any kind of data loss and then you can probably take it to the manufacturer if there is any kind of hardware problem with your display but first just try to confirm it but trying the above solution where it is having a display problem or not.

What you can try for now is test the hard drive I mean take it out from your laptop carefully and then check out the manufacturer sticker and then download the respected Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) and make sure that it you download it for your proper model. You might need to download the DOS version which includes an ISO file by which you will be able to create a bootable cd and then after creating the cd just tries to boot your laptop with that cd. Just try it out and check if it worked for you or not. If it works then well and good but if it not then let me know so i9 can help you with some other solution. Hope that helps.

Even I am having the same kind of problem but not6 exactly the same. I mean I am able to see that my laptop is starting but then it get stuck at the Window Vista Logo and it just remain as it is and I can perform any thing. I have tried a no of ways to get it started like tried to turn it on and off several times by the power button I even tried removing the battery and then inserting it back after some time but at the last I remain with the same problem and nothing seems to be helping. I don’t know what had went wrong with it as it was working fine by yesterday. Is there anyone having a idea about this. Any help will be appreciated.

I have came across this type of problem in a forum and I have found that you can press the F2 and F12 key configurations on the startup and then you can enter the Windows System Error where you will be said to repair it and then you can load it with the cd that you must have got with it and then try to solve it out and see if you are able to get rid of it or not. This solution has been found to be effeftive to some user so I think that it can help you out but if not then let us know so we can help you out with some other solution till then just try it out. Best of luck.

Even I am facing the same problem but unfortunately I don’t have the cd that I have got with it so I tried loadings it with other windows 7 disk but then did were not working and when I am pressing the F12 key I have noticed that Near The Windows Logo it tries to load for a moment and then turns in to a blue screen and I don’t remember what all is written on it and it does not go even though I press any key so I have to press the power key and switch it off but when I restart it it again happens the same and while doing the same for a no of time I found that when I press the F2 button I get some lines I am not sure about it bit it appear as if I am missing Optical Hard Drive but then everything the hard disk and the ram all are at their place I don’t know why it shows up like that, Any help will be appreciated.

Is your blue screen showing the following things?
    • The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.
    • Technical Information:
    • *** STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x0000000000000011.0x00000000 <Didn't get the rest>