Thread: BlackBerry Torch 9850 poor Battery life

BlackBerry Torch 9850 poor Battery life

Two day I have bought the Blackberry Torch 9850 and love it. After the excessive usage I just kept the phone for few minutes aside. Then again took the phone. At that time I have noticed that the phone is switched off. I tried to switch on it again and it get switched on but shows the message saying Battery is low. As far as I know that I just used the phone only for 2 hours without resting it after the full battery charge. It seems to me that the Blackberry contains the poor battery and it drains quickly.

Re: BlackBerry Torch 9850 poor Battery life

Many complain about the beginning of enthusiastic buyers BlackBerry Torch is now about the exorbitant poor battery performance of the BlackBerry Torch. Basically, the manufacturer gives a maximum standby time of 220 hours and a maximum talk time of 4.5 hours. Here, it is difficult to make a judgmental statement about good / bad, since no measurement guidelines are known. Does "Standby" that ALL services are disabled and the screen? Calculates the maximum call time only at 100% signal strength and data services disabled? The readings on the paper are not so understand.

I had quite a problem at the beginning of first to charge my battery (which was not something to be done after 8 hours daily) and 2 to keep my money because the phone simply dials into the Internet and make any updates without the one actually wanted.

Are you using any kind of Quick battery charger? It seems, these so-called "quick chargers" is very bad for the battery of your Blackberry itself, some charges would be sufficient for the battery life to reduce bright!

There are two simple solutions. This, however, once you have the Internet on your mobile.
    • Advanced Task Killer finished everything you think you do not run in the background and what you have not finished. Is you can decide each time which program continues to run anyway. There are no real task manager in the system itself is therefore with the app helped you.
    • SMODA finished widget existing Internet connections to be you so wish. Only you can decide whether or not the Internet works. Nothing here is to change the settings for your connection but only cut. Please note here the instructions to do so. This is really important.

In my case it always depends on it. For me, the torch is generally only on 2G. That makes me almost at NEN all day battery life. In 2G and constantly active BT and Wi-Fi, so I'm at least 3 days. Phone for about 30 minutes each day and write as 30 messages a day. Also my BB is on BES so even each incoming and outgoing mail that I write on the computer is synchronized, always means ne must build the connection of the Torch. With an active 3G I can do only 2 days.

Here are some tips on how to operate the BlackBerry uses battery power, without sacrificing basic functions must.
    • Disable unused services
    • Backlight
    • Notification Features
    • Pamper your battery
    • Proximity sensor
    • Applications muck.

Each additional program installed on the Blackberry electricity costs. Many applications run in the background, although the application is not active. So you install additional applications carefully, and pay attention during installation to see if the program can stop completely. A battery-eaters are here, for example, RSS readers, feed continuously generate requests in order to review them for new entries.

You can simply disable the wireless wonder and how long it can hold a battery. Since this one but no more can receive emails and phone calls, this method is only useful if you are staying in areas with poor reception. The BlackBerry smartphone tries else constant, to find a wireless connection - this requires unnecessary energy. Does not the BlackBerry to be round the clock to receive, you can turn off the wireless evening. During the day it is also not always dependent on all services such as UMTS, WLAN or Bluetooth. Not currently required services can be turned off under the "Manage Connections".

My current battery life seems very short, about 24 hours. I thought blackberries had longer times. How do I set my phone to maximize the battery life?

That's occurred to me after the last firmware update, you must have something to emulate, because before it was deactivated in WiFi and Bluetooth, only 2G (which is enough for me) at least once a few days. But after the update it is the same with me went off, after only one day with Wifi (from the afternoon) in the evening the battery was red, which previously never occurred.