Thread: Mac OS X Lion unable to detect Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex

Mac OS X Lion unable to detect Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex

I bought a disk of 500 GB FreeAgent external GoFlex work equally on Mac and PC. That worked completely when using Mac OS X Snow Leopard on my system, although now that I updated to Mac OS X Lion, my computer does not notice my external hard drive! What I can do to solve this trouble?

Re: Mac OS X Lion unable to detect Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex

I checked this by means of our engineers. Seagate is aware of this trouble and at present collecting data on it, nevertheless unluckily at this time there are no solutions available. We appreciate your patience while we work to fix this.

I just bought a FreeAgent Desktop 3TB GoFlex. And my Mac OS X Lion not discover it. I tried USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and FireWire. nothing of them work.

While connecting the USB 2.0, CPU convention is 30%. nevertheless it is occurrence in FW800.Mine is Macbook Pro platform 15 (2007) by means of Mac OS X Lion.

This is ridiculous, I just bought a new unit to ensure backup GoFlex in LiĆ³n, including support on my HP MediaSmart Server with Time Machine is broken, and cannot even access these backups to move elsewhere.

After connecting the Flex 3 TB Go to my MBP desktop via FW800, is still not showing anything on the desktop.

And then after 10 minutes, it suddenly shows. After that, it works well. Every time I disconnect and reconnect to my MBP, which always takes 10 minutes to appear. I just tried another MB with Snow Leopard, which only takes 10 seconds to appear .Fortunately, no to connect / disconnect frequently.

I have not the chance to try the USB 2.0 or USB 3.0, however, I will give it a try and share with him .By the way, should I upgrade to 10.7.1. Not sure if it matters, because they did not wait 10 minutes before upgrading.