Thread: BlackBerry torch 9850 or BlackBerry torch 9860 Vs iPhone 4 or iPhone 5

BlackBerry torch 9850 or BlackBerry torch 9860 Vs iPhone 4 or iPhone 5

I am using BlackBerry from a long time now nevertheless the time has approach where I am no longer pleased with what BlackBerry has be putting out. The torch, imo, was a vast tragedy as I am on my 3rd unit in a smaller amount than a year. I go to the BlackBerry site and see the BlackBerry torch 9860/9850 release. What do all think so far? I going to the close and found mixed review. I don't wish for to buy one more BlackBerry and be fixed with a phone and a company that is going downward the tubes. Once more, I adore BlackBerry, however i don't distinguish them as rivalry in the market place a few longer. So, this brings me to my subsequently subject. How do the 2 new BlackBerry phones contrast with to the iPhone 4 and possible the iPhone 5 with the release a month or so gone? I'd love a few real, solid assessments. My upgrade is due soon and i can't take this calmly as I live and die by my phone. Any opinion and severe input would be mainly obliging so i can build a conclusion.

Thank in advance

Re: BlackBerry torch 9850 or BlackBerry torch 9860 Vs iPhone 4 or iPhone 5

I did compare BlackBerry torch 9850/9860 side by side with my friend iPhone4, mainly to check the speed of the system moving through the menus, web browsing, a bit of zoom, pictures, movies, and the general feeling. I left because they felt equally impressed with the feeling of iPhone4 time a little more refined but not by a large margin at all. The main pro on the iPhone, obviously, are the applications. There are simply too many available for the BlackBerry is comparable, and this brings me to the main conclusion of people who are deciding between these two numbers

I think the BlackBerry torch 9860 is a great device. I've had it for over a week and have not had other problems that battery life jaw droopingly poor, but soon discovered it was due to user error and not the phone or battery. Now we get the battery life! The phone will last a full day of moderately heavy use no problem. I used an iPhone 4 and really do not like and that certainly doesn't do what I want to do as well as a Blackberry. As for Android, if your specs are impressive, but the representative I talked to TELUS says I cannot believe the amount of profits in the HTC gets compared to the Blackberry. Also with specs like that is bound to the battery does not last long Android phones. Also my best friend barely used iPhone 4 and only gets about a day of battery life out of it, so it's not the greatest in battery life either. Again with companies to increase processor speed and bigger screens phone gives no help at all either. Battery technology hasn't moved in several years and until it does, it is likely to hit a hardware limit soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I think the BlackBerry torch 9860 is a great device. I've had it for over a week and have not had other problems that battery life jaw droopingly poor, but soon discovered it was due to user error and not the phone or battery. Now we get the battery life! The phone will last a full day of moderately heavy use no problem. I used an iPhone 4 and really do not like and that certainly doesn't do what I want to do as well as a Blackberry. As for Android, if your specs are impressive, but the representative I talked to TELUS says I cannot believe the amount of profits in the HTC gets compared to the Blackberry. Also with specs like that is bound to the battery does not last long Android phones. Also my best friend barely used iPhone 4 and only gets about a day of battery life out of it, so it's not the greatest in battery life either. Again with companies to increase processor speed and bigger screens phone gives no help at all either. Battery technology hasn't moved in several years and until it does, it is likely to hit a hardware limit soon.
    Can you please explain this properly what did you do differently to improve the battery life I actually did not understand what you said

I would wait to see what the iPhone 5 has to offer. In terms of hardware, there are really no concrete specifications as well as having a dual core processor like the iPhone 2 and an 8MP camera. People are not even sure yet what the name will be iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 You're only going to be able to compare the BlackBerry 9850 with the iPhone 4 now, but why do you do when the iPhone 5 will be launched next month? It is best to compare the BlackBerry 9850 with the iPhone 5 instead of a phone that is 14 months old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bala Murugan S View Post
    Can you please explain this properly what did you do differently to improve the battery life I actually did not understand what you said
    However, long story, my phone has good battery life the first day of use, and the next, like, four days after the horrible life if you use the phone for anything and + 10% drainage of a hours in neutral. It turns out that Facebook is updated feeds every hour, but I thought I had closed. Facebook is a miser, tch, hungry, voracious b!. After logging out of Facebook My phone has a little over 24 hours of life before returning to the charger and when I put it on the charger was still 25% life left. Awarded about 6 of those hours were downtime, but I used quite moderate. Hope this helps

I would exclude iPhone 4 at this point. The iPhone 5 comes in a month. I am also trying to make a decision, however, between BlackBerry 9850 and BlackBerry 9930 the I do not think I want to go back to a QWERTY keyboard but the bold new man is an impressive machine. If the BlackBerry 9850 is not then you can jump back to the physical keyboard and the new and bold.

I can wait till the fresh iPhone release and provide that a try if you haven’t had everything but a blackberry you may not know what further phones have to present. If you locate yourself missing your BlackBerry then give back the phone pay a restocking fee then get a BlackBerry.

At the time BlackBerry 9800 released it was dated already I contain a BlackBerry 9800 and then take beta OS operating system to get up speed. This remains the competence of IMO. I think / hope that the 9860 is what 9800 should have been and probably should have been reported 2 years ago . As with the BlackBerry 9800, do not think the release of the BB 9860 to compete with the future version of the market, such as iPhone5. It is the sad fact that when I bought the 9800, and I think will be the case in 9860, that the release of BB will remain a generation behind the market offer.