Thread: No NFC capabilities for the BlackBerry torch 9850

No NFC capabilities for the BlackBerry torch 9850

This is not going to change my decision to buy the phone but what I heard or for that matter read on the various site I came to know that No NFC Support for BlackBerry Torch 9850 I use Google to check the detail about this it show the BlackBerry torch 9860 will not have NFC. This might apparently modify NFC is on this device do not be present. There is no menu thing beneath the link exists. According to my information will approach simply when the NFC function BlackBerry Curve 9900 and BlackBerry Bold 9360

Re: No NFC capabilities for the BlackBerry torch 9850

Merely because of it did not mention under the menu, doesn’t signify the phone doesn’t maintain it. It may be just a software update. According to a RIM employee to facilitate spoke at one of our manufacturing webinars the 7.1 OS destined that it might be NFC ready.

NFC is capable maybe no current native application. However, the antenna is there. Do not use too much power. And it is likely that little or no developed this year. I have heard that this may be carrier explicit, that sure carriers don't desire this characteristic and have it put out of action. All the hardware is the similar.

Ok, i have removed the back from the 9860 and looked very closely. The back is metal and there are five spring loaded contacts that contact the metal back when it is installed. This would mean that the 9860 would either have NFC or inductive charging!

I actually hope that the hardware is there and is merely a software issue when updating the phone. To add contacts using NFC phones by simply putting together is an incredible thought I actually thought this would hammer home the idea and run with it! I'd rather have NFC inductive load, since in standard can forever get one of those things with the battery cover Duracell Powermat if Duracell or other company that does.

BlackBerry 99XX particularly bring up NFC and spoke about how the NFC things be in the battery door the similar guy didn't utter a word about anything about it in the BlackBerry 9860 I actually hope this device gets NFC and in theory it ought to why would the fresh Bold be the merely single with it, particularly when this appliance is aimed at multimedia NFC for games, apps, etc

Is it possible that maintain NFC in this torch is not only still active? I thought RIM was adding NFC to all new devices, but not someone put a picture of what looked like the design of the NFC when the torch was removed 9850? I do not know why RIM did not add support for this device.

I'm sorry about my ignorance, what is the NFC? What are the reward of having the NFC on the phone? I presume I'm not certain what the use.

You can program the NFC chip to one of your credit cards and just wave your phone over an enabled payment system to make purchases. Or, you can program it to work the security gate at your club/gym/job/etc, if they use NFC. Or, you can swap business cards/contact information with another NFC enabled phone just by holding them together. Or, you can link two or more devices together to play Battleship, poker, tic-tac-toe, or any other multi-player game just by holding them near each other..... the possibilities are endless