Thread: Unable to play Embedded flash video in nokia 701

Unable to play Embedded flash video in nokia 701

i have recently bought the mobile and I am wondering as it has started causing problem. Really very poor service from the Nokia, I am quite disappointed with it.

Anyways the problems is like I am not even able to play the video which was actually embedded with the phone, in other words it was came preloaded with the phone. Any idea what could be the problem? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to play Embedded flash video in nokia 701

Are you having problem with only that particular video’s or with each and every videos in the mobile? Because it is not the poor services from the nokia but still there could be so many reason that can cause such problem with the device.

If suppose you are having problem with only that particular vides then it could be corrupted, thus try to play another video, or if you want to see the same then you can download it from the internet.

And if this is happening with each and every video that means surely there is some problem with the phone itself, I mean to say the firmware installed in the phone.

Try to play the video in another player apart from the one that you have gotten preinstalled in the phone.

I am completely disagree with the above user, because he had already mentioned that he is not able to play the video which is actually installed in the phone so does it matter which player we use? Because as this already installed in the that simply means we can play it with default player as well.

Thus i would like to suggest you that you can simply reset your phone’s firmware and then see what happens, because I used to do the same thing whenever something happens wrong with my phone. I hope you must be aware about the resetting the firmware.

If not then let me tell you as there is two different methods of doing this called soft reset and hard reset. And while doing this it is always recommended as you should try to backup all the important data from the phone before proceeding or else they would be lose after hard resetting.

Though firmware resetting is the good way but still it would be better if you update the whole OS in your mobile, because it might be possible that you might got several problem with video, so what you’ll do at that time?

ok if I make a firmware update to the mobile so will it void the warranty given to me at the time of purchase?

I would like to suggest you that there is another way as well through which you can simply avoid resetting the firmware rather simply clean installing the firmware, because i know they are quite lengthy steps.

the thing that causes such problem with the phone is either the player that we used to play those videos or the flash lite version that we use in the phone. i came to know about this when the same thing happened to me thus after installing the flash lite again in the mobile everything was perfect and i was able to play each and every video in the phone.

no need to search even more as you can simply download it from here.

and if suppose you are still having the same problem then off course you can simply proceed with reinstalling the firmware.

- I was also about to suggest you the same but still I think visiting the service center would be best option, because I am also not sure whether updating the software on our own will leads to void the warranty.

But the thing is like if they are doing this for us then why to do this on our own?