Thread: Does Nokia 700 Supports high definition games?

Does Nokia 700 Supports high definition games?

HI, I am planning to have a newer phone for myself but I am confused between the two phones and they are Nokia n8 and Nokia 700 because when I was seeing their specifications I came to know that first they both are feature specific phones thus some of the feature are good in one and some of them are good in another one and that’s the only thing that made me confused.

And as the title implies I want to know whether the newer phone nokia 700 supports HD games or not, because I am very fond of playing games. Any suggestion would be surely appreciated.

Re: Does Nokia 700 Supports high definition games?

The mobile that you have mentioned is quite good to have but still I am not sure whether it will support the HD games or not, because for playing such a games the things that matters is the Processor and the GPU. But the Nokia 700 doesn’t have any such.

Though it has quite superior processor than the N8 but still it won’t contain any GPU in the phone. And that’s why I am not sure about the compatibility with the HD games.

I am agree with the above user as the Nokia N8 has 680 MHz ARM 11 processor with Broadcom BCM2727 GPU and at other hand you can have 1 GHz processor on the Nokia 700.

well, games are not the only concerns while having any phone, that’s off course exclusively your opinion but still according to me you should check the specification first about both the phones and then only carry any one of them. And though N8 is quite older but some of the functions rather features such as its camera quality is far better than the one you have mentioned as it has 12 mega pixel of camera and 700 has only 5 mega pixel camera.

I would also suggest to have Nokia n8 only because if you want to save the games on the mobile you must have to have that much capacity as well in the phone to keep such stuff in the phone, and the Nokia 700 has only 2 GB storage whereas Nokia N8 comprises 16 GB storage, 256MB RAM, 512 MB ROM which is not there in the Nokia 700.

When I seen the phone for the first time I was also quite surprised as why they bring such a worthless phone to the market, I would say if the phone would cost between 9 to 13 K then it is ok but If the price is still at the top competing N8 then it could be stupidity only to buy this phone.

The specification is also worthless, in fact the only thing that I liked about the phone was its design concept, nothing regardless of that.

Yeah off course it will support the games for sure as I am having the same mobile and I have downloaded almost 15 to 20 games to my mobile and they all works fine. so don’t worry about it and just have any one of them. And as far as Nokia n8 is concern, I would suggest you that it is quite older phone and in fact the operating system that both the phone uses is also quite different.

I think Nokia N8 is updatable till ANNA OS only but not further, and the newer version called symbian belle is pre installed in the nokia 700.

It seems that though Nokia N8 is older but still kept in eyes right? And I think that one would be best in fact suitable for me.

But still as far as games are concern please recommend me some of the game that I can play with that mobile, and off course where can I get them?

There are so many games that you can have for Nokia N8, but I am not sure about the other one, but still it should have support for the same.
    Anyways according to me you should try,

• GT racing from gameloft

• Hero’s of Sparta from gameloft

• real football 2010 game loft

• guitar rock tour 2

• real golf 2011

• asphalt 5

And off course apart from this as well there are certain games that you can have but still for that you must have to pay. So are you looking for payable games or only the free versions?

I have the same mobile and really it has very huge support for the games and among I have played already I would suggest you to try Cricket T20 Fever HD, because it has really PC kind of graphics and looks great while playing.

And Downloading source is quite very well known, as you can download it from the OVI store only.