Thread: Android ice cream sandwich update with Samsung galaxy s2

Android ice cream sandwich update with Samsung galaxy s2

– Hi, I am having Samsung galaxy s2 which is running gingerbread right now but still I am fascinated to have the newer android update that’s “ice cream sandwich update” for my mobile.

But still I am in quite troubles rather confusion as whether the device will support this operating system or not?

Any suggestion?

Re: Android ice cream sandwich update with Samsung galaxy s2

I am quite unsure about this, because see though the device that you have mentioned has this capability to run this OS but still sometimes it all depends on while the carrier and manufacturer release it.

In other words I can say that as though google releases this update but you’ll not be able to update the phone until and unless your operator allows you to update it. Anyways let the update be released then one some precise decision would be taken and some fact would come across.

Exactly, I am also worried about the same because I have purchased my s2 from the Verizon and they aren't guaranteed to be updated.

Because when I was searching about the same I came across various websites and from there only I came to know that the only phones that are definite to obtain the update at present are the Nexus One or the Nexus S.

I am pretty much certain about the S2 as the mobile will surely get this update, but as mentioned above it is still an Question rather mystery only until and unless google leases the update.

you can simply get the alert for the same, because I have seen from this forum only, and I have also subscribe for the same. And I would like to suggest you the same to subscribe here and have all the latest news regarding the same. You can simply visit the LINK I have mentioned.