Thread: Is Ice Cream Sandwich update available for HTC EVO?

Is Ice Cream Sandwich update available for HTC EVO?

Taking into account the brand new 18 month update run Google is putting in place it appears enjoy EVO is ensured to get Ice Cream Sandwich. Terrific news but would have liked to affirm the same from you. I saw in some online contents. It would be ideal if you present your answers soon as I am energetic to know.

Re: Is Ice Cream Sandwich update available for HTC EVO?

According to me the hardware can handle it. This is the sticking point I think, unless you connect more portions and confinements about tweaked forms moreover. I would be able to not see why the EVO need to not meet all demands regarding Ice Cream Sandwich, unless you join some amazing GPU offers identified that cannot be put straightforwardly coordinated into the OS.

None of this 18 month run stuff matters if you're at present on AOSP. Our phone will get ICS if CM and others support it, ensured. The first motodroid has CM7 the EVO will exist on!

It is for unique phones and pushing ahead, evo is not new. LOOPHOLE: as equipment allows this is an enormous veto card (and who constructs that call) 512kb RAM conceivably an issue.

dkbose Guest

Ice cream sandwich looks like it will irrevocably incorporate HW quickening. Honeycomb tablets are undoubtedly all Tegra 2 powered as a result of programming similarity. I imagine that sorbet could be absolutely comparative. Google announced frozen dessert is advancing later for the present year (fall I suspect), and with the N1 likely falling outside of 18 months old at that focus, we may not see first gen Snapdragon/adreno uphold whatsoever in AOSP/Android.

Quite beyond any doubt Evo will get Ice Cream; they expressed no hardware requirements for it. And then Evo is Sprints leader phone still; in addition they are determined to continue upgrading it until most living breathing souls can get a late phone.

I just got my evo its stupendous quite is but I am able to see at some time as time goes on it won't be the monster it is now. Since we get frozen custard I don't anticipate it to go any more remote. Recognize Ice cream sandwich from the developers here in the group.

Individuals are interpreting it diversely at this time. Some sections state it can be just for more up to date models turning out and some state distinctively. There are no situated guidelines out yet. I need to peruse Andy Rubin idiom he could enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich to chip away at more seasoned models moreover. Unfortunately I am having pain recognizing near every last trace of the unexpected encourages I have on Android. In the event that I recognize it I will post it.