Thread: Samsung Droid Charge will get Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich?

Samsung Droid Charge will get Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich?

I am using Samsung Droid Charge, it is really a nice phone, but I think it will become nicer after I will have either Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich. But, currently I don’t have any idea about, either Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich, will be able to run on my Samsung Droid or not? Is there anyone who has the exact idea about them, will run on it or not? Which one will run and which one will not run? Or both will not run on my Samsung Droid Charge?

Re: Samsung Droid Charge will get Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich?

Possibly Gingerbread may be able to run on your Samsung Droid Charge, and you can see that in near about end of the July, but I am not sure about the Ice Cream Sandwich will run on your device or not, but most probably it will not.

Is there anyone who has information about the exact release date of Gingerbread? I am too excited about it, and it is really too difficult to wait for it. And also what are the things that it will add to our phone?

Till now there are just the rumors about that Gingerbread will release in this summer and actually there is no exact release date announced so far. If I will get to know the exact release date of it then I will surely inform you all as soon as possible.

Actually there is already a leaked version of Gingerbread available for your Samsung Droid Charge. If you want then you can use that also, as I have seen that it is pretty stable. And based on this, I can be sure that we don’t have to wait too much for the official Gingerbread to come. As it is based on Android 2.3.4, it clearly means that will have native video calling available in it through the Google chat.

Yes, I am sure it will have native video calling with the help of Google chat, because my brothers Evo update was based on Android 2.3.3 and the Google chat video calling was working very fine. Also, I think Gingerbread is going to bring out enhanced graphics recital and will have several additional features similar to native VoIP support

I am already using the leaked Gingerbread on my Samsung Droid Charge, and believe it, it is really so awesome. But, I had to root my device to make it run on my phone. Gingerbread is really much better than the Stock Froyo and using this is really so smoother just like butter. I think everyone should really get this, as it is really so amazing.

I am also using the leaked version of the Gingerbread, but as someone told above that we will be able to video chat using Google chat, but I am not able to do that on my phone with it, even though this leak has Android 2.3.4. I hope this will get fixed in the official release of the Gingerbread. Also will the Official version of Gingerbread have support for Skype and Netflix?

I think probably Gingerbread will not support Skype and Netflix officially, but then also we can make it to work by downloading some leaked apks.

After reading all these things about the Gingerbread, I also have started thinking about rooting my Samsung Droid Charge and getting the leaked version of it immediately, but I think I should not do it, as it might be risky for my phone. I think I should wait for the official one to get released.