Thread: Will I be able to run Ice Cream Sandwich on my LG Optimus?

Will I be able to run Ice Cream Sandwich on my LG Optimus?

As you all be knowing that source code for the Ice Cream Sandwich is going to be released in near about one or even two months and Google has also told that Ice Cream Sandwich will not require any specific hardware in the devices to run ICS. Therefore, I want to ask that will my LG optimus be able to run this awesome Ice Cream Sandwich on it? Does anyone have any idea about this? Please reply.

Re: Will I be able to run Ice Cream Sandwich on my LG Optimus?

We have to see the new source code based on the Ice Cream Sandwich first. Actually we cannot say that it I will be possible or not. And if it will not be possible then we will require re-patching several things in android, and just hoping that after that it will be possible to run Ice Cream Sandwich on this device.

Exactly, and for example, the LG Optimus one (P500) is really a low budget android phone and it has some hardware barriers along with it, and then it will need to be solved. I think it may be possible, but it can be answered more accurately after looking through the source code of the Ice Cream Sandwich.

Yes, and if it will not run on your Optimus then you can hope for the Android Jelly Beans to work on your LG Optimus, till an re-patched Ice Cream Sandwich comes for your LG optimus.

Android Jelly Beans is the next project of Androids after the Ice Cream Sandwich, I think it will take too long time to come out and I don’t think that I will keep this phone till the release of Android Jelly Beans. So, it will be better if someone will be able to re-patch Ice Cream Sandwich and make it able to run on my LG Optimus.