Thread: Seagate freeAgent GoFlex Desk 1TB does not work with USB 3.0

Seagate freeAgent GoFlex Desk 1TB does not work with USB 3.0

Purchased 1 TB disk freeAgent Desk GoFlex two days ago. Connected via USB 3.0 as indicated. Loaded Memeo software desktop as instructed. It began moving again, which reached nearly 4,000 files and the unit is off. Is still on my computer, but cannot access the files. Disconnect and restart, then reconnect and drive again were recognized. Software tested and he said car was fine. Disk Manager also saw unit and listed as "healthy." Started a new backup and closing the unit after less than 2 GB. Same scenario. Memeo uninstalled, and downloading and installing Seagate Download Manager. Re-boot and reconnect the unit. Again tests were carried out said the unit was fine. Back-up failed again.

Again reboot and reconnect the drive, this time to a USB port 2. 0. New Disk Manager format, another time in the drive list as "strong." Ran Seagate's back-up Manager Back-up and the backup was faultless. This unit is theoretical to work on USB 3.0, nevertheless clearly not. Any suggestions? Yes, I have the drivers intended for chip board producer, not Microsoft, for USB 3.0 chipsets. These are theoretical to be plug and play.

Re: Seagate freeAgent GoFlex Desk 1TB does not work with USB 3.0

You want to install the USB 3.0 controller, but this must be done while connected via USB 2.0.Once the driver has been successfully installed, reboot the computer and the drive to the USB 3.0 cable.

Where I can find the manual for 3.0? I formatted the drive, so all the software pre-loaded and the files are gone. I need a link to reload the meme as well as any installation; Dashboard, drivers, etc.Can not find any of these hold up sites.

USB 3.0 is native to my motherboard, an ASUS P6X58 E-PRO. I double checked the USB drivers on the motherboard, and who are current Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver for Windows XP 32/64 and Vista 32/64 V2.0.32.0 bit and 32/64 7.) Win7'm running 64-bit operating system. I tried everything I know to make this thing work, and without any luck.

It works fine with USB 2.0, USB 3.0 at all. Same result each time the unit is off (all lights out at the base, error log says that the destination is not available) after a good start. I double checked the network settings to disconnect "never", still no luck.