Thread: Will the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade be for the HTC Inspire also?

Will the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade be for the HTC Inspire also?

I know that Ice Cream Sandwich has not been came out till now, but yet I want to ask that will it run with my HTC inspire also, as I am using HTC inspire currently, and it will really be great for me to experience Ice cream candy on my HTC inspire. Actually HTC runs on a dissimilar OS than the one which runs with the Gingerbread and that’s why I was confused about that it will be for HTC inspire also or not? Is there anyone who can give me the confirmed information about this? Please, reply.

Re: Will the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade be for the HTC Inspire also?

I don’t know from where you got to know that HTC phones don’t runs with Gingerbread, because it is really completely wrong information. They do run with the Gingerbread.

Yes, where did you got to hear that, I have seen many HTC phones which runs with the Gingerbread. I someone given you false information about it. If want then you can try running it on your HTC inspire, then you will automatically get to know that it runs without any problem.

At the time when the HTC Inspire was out, then it was running Froyo, and after that when Gingerbread released the Developers with their enormous tools, developed a Rom based on Gingerbread which could be flashed on the HTC Inspire, after rooting the phones. Then HTC made available OTA upgrades for the users who have not rooted their phones, which consecutively gave all the HTC Inspire phone users a Rom based on Gingerbread OS. I think now you have understood it clearly.

Google desires Ice Cream Sandwich release out as soon as possible so as to contend with Apple. And I think it will be an accessible upgrade for all the smartphone which are gifted of running 2.3 or 2.2. Actually they wish for all the competent Android phones to be able to put together through this new Ice cream sandwich. And therefore I can say this surely that, once the ICS gets released, those madcap tools will be all over it. And if you have rooted your HTC inspire then you will see it before HTC pushes it out OTA.

So, in all the means you want to say that actually all the Android phones, whether they are running on Sense or any other OS, will surely get the updated for Ice cream Sandwich? Is it so really?

I think you do not understand this in the proper way, so allow me to explain it little more. Ice Cream Sandwich is an Android OS, And it directly implies that it is for the Android phones. Hence, HTC, Motorola, Samsung, and others will use Ice Cream Sandwich for all their latest Android phones, subsequently, that will most likely first be the developers versions, and after that official OTAs will tag along.

As far as I know, Sense is not an OS, to understand it clearly, Gingerbread is a skeleton and Sense is nothing but just the skin of it.

Here I want to add something from my side that Sense is not an OS; it is just a User Interface. Sense is actually developed on peak of android Operating Systems for example 2.2.1 etc. As far as I know, the HTC inspire will not be receiving the update Ice Cream Sandwich, but if I get wrong and it gets the update for ICS, then the Operating System will be Ice Cream Sandwich and the Sense will be build on the peak of ICS as a User Interface.

Ok, actually that was the answer that I was looking for here, thanks for confirming that. But, then also I want to ask one thing that why HTC inspire is not getting Ice cream Sandwich officially? Do you have any known reason about it?