Thread: Will Samsung Galaxy S get the upgrade for Ice Cream Sandwich?

Will Samsung Galaxy S get the upgrade for Ice Cream Sandwich?

I am eagerly waiting, actually I think everyone is waiting, for the newer version of Android os, that is Ice Cream Sandwich. But, I am little worried about that Samsung Galaxy will also get the upgrade for Ice cream Sandwich or not, as I am using Samsung Galaxy S. According to the Google’s policy I think I should get this upgrade. Is there anyone who has the exact information about that Samsung Galaxy S will have support for Ice Cream Sandwich or not? Please, reply.

Re: Will Samsung Galaxy S get the upgrade for Ice Cream Sandwich?

I am also using Samsung Galaxy S. I am also hoping that it will get the update for Ice Cream Sandwich, the upcoming firmware for Android phones, but I didn’t have confirmed news about it. I am just waiting for it to come and then I will get to know that it will support in my phone or not.

Actually, according to what I know, most probably the chances are that Samsung Galaxy S will get the Ice Cream Sandwich, I am saying this because, I have heard already that Samsung nexus s is getting Ice cream sandwich on it and Nexus S has near about same specs, processor as the Samsung Galaxy S. and that’s why I think Samsung will not play any game with us and we will also get the Ice cream Sandwich for our Samsung Galaxy S.

Yes, I am also hoping the same that we will also get Ice cream sandwich. I have seen some videos also. I am just hoping for the best, and from my side figures crossed.

As far as I got to know, Samsung Galaxy S will get Ice cream sandwich late and Nexus S users will get ICS bit earlier. Because, Samsung will make several changes in ICS by own and then they will release it for the Samsung Galaxy S, which will surely going to result in late result in late release of Ice cream sandwich for Samsung Galaxy S.

I am not able to understand what you said, as far as I know there is actually no difference in Samsung Galaxy S and Nexus S, as the hardware configurations of both the phone are same, then why they will make some changes in Ice cream sandwich for releasing it to Samsung Galaxy S? I think Samsung Galaxy S will get the Ice Cream Sandwich at the same time as soon as the Nexus S will get it.

Yes, exactly what I am thinking. In addition to that I have also heard many rumors about that in the process of making of Ice cream sandwich and ICS launcher also Samsung team and Google team has worked together, and if it is true, then I think Samsung will surely don’t have any need to make any changes to make it available for Samsung Galaxy S, and therefore it will release ICS for us without any customization.

According to what I know, Google has announced it already that they will provide support for all the android devices at least for eighteen months and I think the support for Samsung Galaxy S will end in the December month of 2011. And therefore I think this is the last update for us.

I think if the official update for Ice Cream Sandwich will not get released then I am sure about that they will leak an Ice cream sandwich ROM which will be based on Samsung Galaxy S. Hence, there is no need to worry a lot about it, I think so.