Thread: Nokia 701 showing Firmware update message but unable to update

Nokia 701 showing Firmware update message but unable to update

Hey guys today when I connect my Nokia 701 to Ovi Suite, it immediately shows the message saying there is a new firmware update for my phone. So I did backing up of my phone, and then update but the software goes to install and after that say "Unable to connect to the service 'Has anyone been able to download the latest firmware as I am not able to do so the phone is still new is there any problem with the OVI suite or something else please guy I need help on this I wanna keep my phone up to date to the latest software my current version 111.010.1009 and the new version is 111.020.0307

Thanks

Re: Nokia 701 showing Firmware update message but unable to update

I think it because of the server may be overload or busy as too many people may trying to get the latest update for their phone so just try again later after some time I believe it will do the update afterward

Even I am having the same problem and it just not the first time as I was have another Nokia phone and it also had this problem I should have known this before getting myself Nokia 701 OVI Suite is just the worst software I have ever seen

If you consider you OVI suite has any problem the why don’t you try Beta Nokia Software Updater it will then solve your problem or if you still having the same problem then just try updating it by means of OTA on your phone itself by dialing *#0000# to know the firmware update and then update software

Bad new I am not able to find OTA on my phone and the Beta Nokia Software Updater stops with the error message “unplanned service break" now it is annoying and irritating what I have to do to get the latest software for my phone Nokia will you please tell I failed all the attempts seriously this is not the ways to treat your loyal customer.

I am not sure if you know this or not but the reason that you are facing this problem is probably because the update is not available for your region it happens some time that the updates are made available to the particular region and for some region it is not made available so till it made available on to your region I recon you will not be able to download this update on to your phone so you need to wait and keep patience it will be made available soon then you would be able to download it on your phone

Latest update is that I am able to download it on my phone and I don’t see any different on my phone so anyone here knows what changes or update made on the latest updated version on Nokia 701 update

I have update the latest version of the Nokia 701 firm ware and still facing the same issue that I was having on the phone like

• Not categorized in beta labs yet
    • Need charging daily without heavy browsing Wi-Fi off, idle apps closed etc
    • Apps menu scroll and switching among homepages with delay
    • Email replicating for hotmail is late but additional accounts not
    • OVI store doesn’t contain a good deal apps yet