Thread: Is Ice cream sandwich update available for Samsung epic touch 4g?

Is Ice cream sandwich update available for Samsung epic touch 4g?

Hey guy I am curious to know whether the android Ice cream sandwich update is available for the Samsung epic touch 4g I have this phone and I would like to know is it available for the Samsung epic touch 4g does anyone here knows about this can I would be very glad to know any response on this matter

Re: Is Ice cream sandwich update available for Samsung epic touch 4g?

Well, if I am not wrong, Ice Cream Sandwich is destined to be on all Android device available out there. So I would anticipate the Samsung epic touch 4g to get the update. I am excited to get this OS on my Samsung nexus prime can’t wait for this hope it will available to our phone soon

Ultimately the timing of the update from Samsung is one of the few things that concern me with this phone. If I desire timely updates, which most likely will have to wait for the first Nexus. That being a "Google Phone" means it is the first with the updates. But still it is not yet announced, but like all mobile updates will receive the latest update As soon as possible not likely, but at the time. Nexus only gets the first treatment for new and other will be obtained it later

In fact, the updates on time are a concern with Samsung. I had HTC, Hero and Evo 4G. This series was pretty darn fast. What I heard about Android updates for Samsung has not been as good. Anyone with a Samsung has complied with the update schedule?

Samsung aims to change. There have even been an official release of gingerbread OS yet? In his only Europeans, but not all U.S. phones Have you ever heard of the epic 4g? sprint best phone right now? Yes we were going to get 2.2 in September, then October, the Christmas. we did in February. so what you say is bs. Not only the phone, but I have heard in the epic forums about Samsung phones have many more "premature" updates.

The original Galaxy S is the only Samsung phone with "untimely" updates. I meant ALL the Original Galaxy S' because now that there's an S2, Every "Galaxy S" phone is measured Original no less than to me,

In fact the European Galaxy S had way more appropriate updates than the American Versions, so I really don't think you could only hold responsible Samsung for that. Before this I always thought it was the carriers fault for the untimely updates with their bloatware etc

No. Sprint has forever stated that the updates create with the manufacturer, and then go to Sprint for any change in their "bloatware". Furthermore, as demonstrated by HTC, the updates have been welcome. I do not make out all the updates from HTC which were overdue too. I had initially the hero of HTC. It took a while for the update to be pushed, while additional phones are introduced with the new version. However, this was the first Sprint Android, and the version was changed just a month after the introduction. because then, the latest updates on my Evo 4G have been timely.

I yet think it go all the way through Sprint to analysis though, one of the cause why there are test builds out there, and some are discarded. At least that is how it was on Verizon.

I consider first the Manufacturing had to propel it to the Carrier, after that they had to do their test to see if they accepted or not before release or creation the manufacturing do an additional one.

I presume I might be wrong although.

Yeah I believe that is pretty a deal . Sprint is frequently waiting for the manufacturer to obtain the update above for approval.

The stuff that no one is familiar with what IC will look like and the question is far off for now. I'm certain it will get it despite the fact that. And the update issue was for the US versions. Moreover carriers have to work nearer with Sammy to obtain them as fast as the UK version did or take that up with your carrier.

Since this thread addresses to update Samsung to Ice Cream Sandwich, here an interesting article about updates in time by the manufacturer and the carrier. The good news is that Sprint is way ahead of other carriers to make improvements out. The bad news is that Samsung is not very high compared to the HTC. In fact, Samsung has a phone upgrade to 2.3 on the Sprint other than the Nexus Google of course interestingly the Samsung Galaxy S phones have been updated in other companies like T-Mobile. The cause for the lack of updates may be that Samsung is producing so many phones with 2.3, for starters.