Thread: Will Ice cream sandwich will come for DX

Will Ice cream sandwich will come for DX

Recently I heard somewhere that Mobile Sensei has developed a new custom ROM for the DX which has the Ice cream sandwich them and named as ICX. According to what I can understand, I think Ice cream sandwich was going to developed for only those android phones which will have dual core processors, for example DX2. I am really not able to understand this. Is there anyone who can tell that ICS will come for DX or not?

Re: Will Ice cream sandwich will come for DX

I am hoping that it will run on single core processors also. You can also hope for it because I heard somewhere that Ice cream sandwich will not have any special requirements.

I am not very sure but as far as I know, I think the Nexus S has single core processor with it, and recently I heard at several places that it will run the Ice Cream Sandwich os. And according to this I think DX will also be able to run Ice Cream Sandwich os.

Actually it is not decided yet. The Motorola Droid X is already two years old and it is at its closing state. Google has previously strained Motorola and others to confirm that they are providing Gingerbread update to this point. I think Motorola will roll out the Ice cream sandwich also for us.

I think, in case if Motorola will not provide the Ice cream sandwich update then I think Ice cream Sandwich will be released with its full source, as the case is with all the AOSP releases, leaving apart Honeycomb.

Yes, I was thinking exactly same as this. I think this is a known thing for everyone that how long the OTA of Gingerbread os took to get released for the Motorola Droid X.

I also hope that Ice cream Sandwich will be released with its full source, if Motorola will not provide the ICS update, but I am also hoping that achievement of Google with Motorola will sooner or later direct to an unlocking of the boot loader, and it will really make a factual Android Open Source Projects even easier. What do you think about it?