Thread: Toshiba Satellite A200 - How to enable Bluetooth on Linux

Toshiba Satellite A200 - How to enable Bluetooth on Linux

Last month I buy this Toshiba Satellite A200 laptop and last week I installed Ubuntu 9.04 OS on it. now the problem is that it gives the problem with the Bluetooth. I think there is some unnecessary changes happen onto it. For solving this problem I need technique that helps to enable Bluetooth facility. Any help to do this task will be thankful.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A200 - How to enable Bluetooth on Linux

There are two ways to activate Bluetooth in your laptop. If the kernel version 2.6.33 is older than the solution is to use the AUR omnibook module, also known as omni-svn. After setting up, install the module with constraint ectype = 12. This is the technique that helps to solve our problem complicated. Try this solution and enable Bluetooth in the laptop.

dkbose Guest

If the kernel version is 2.6.33 or higher, then the Bluetooth device configuration is still so simple. It's enough to load the module called toshiba_bluetooth. To make this process is necessary to use a modprobe command in it. try to do this task and see what happens in it. I hope you got the reaction after that and in response may enable this service to Bluetooth.

if there are any drivers missing / not working, make sure someone is already working on it. I mean it's necessary to use a technique that works to install the latest driver for this installation Bluetooth on your laptop. The linux is able to load the Bluetooth driver in the same.

I also faced the similar problem with this system. The problem is that when I try to do any file sharing task on it using an Bluetooth features then suddenly it gives an problem. then in response I want to solve this problem. I used an expert advice. Expert suggests me to use the Bluetooth driver upgrade task on it. this is the way that works on my system. Then I also recommended to you for use this facility to enable or activate your Bluetooth facility. Then definitely you can able to send any type of files between two devices using this Bluetooth facility.

File transfers are skillful during OBEX transfer, which I consider is essentially an FTP over Bluetooth connection. For a more user-friendly experience, you can use the kde tools. This is the tools that specially support this Bluetooth facility. You can access more information regarding this tool on linux manual. Then use this tool for doing your Bluetooth enabling facility.

Bluetooth is a radio standard heavily damaged by IrDA and USB, and presents the functionality of a wireless USB and serial cable replacement. There are two fully Bluetooth stacks available for Linux, both open source. BlueZ is OpenBT and two of them. You must use this and see what happens in it. you can do this task and see what happens in it.

Linux support for laptops has always been a bit difficult with most manufacturers, not just Toshiba. In these cases, it is helpful to use Google and find some Linux user groups. There you can find many good instructions on how to activate the Bluetooth service on your laptop that already have Linux-based system.