Thread: Is Nokia 600 having a gorilla glass?

Is Nokia 600 having a gorilla glass?

I am willing to buy the Nokia 600 and i want to know what is a gorilla glass and i have heard that the latest models like the Nokia 600,Nokia 700 and Nokia 701 are having gorilla glass but i have also came across some people saying that they dont have and even i am not sure about the same because i have not yet got a strait forward answer for it.I want to get any one from above the above prior they are having gorilla glass display but i am preferring Nokia 600 as per my budget.Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Is Nokia 600 having a gorilla glass?

You should know about the gorillas glass as it is being used in all the up coming higher range phones and there are many forums and videos on YouTube which are promoting the gorilla glass but if yo really dont have an idea about it then i will like to inform you that it is a toughened glass which is now a days used in tablets and which is scratch resistant.It does not get any scratches even if it is rubbed against the hard materials which we use in our day to day life.It does not even needs a screen protector as it is already made in such a manner but it really depends on you,I mean if you really trust the glass then you can use it without the guard and if not then you can very well go for a screen protector.

Yes the gorilla glass does not get scratches from the day to day materials like keys and pens etc and i trust it because i am having a galaxy tab 10 and it has a gorilla glass so i have not yet got a screen protector since the first day and though i have been using it like a normal phone without giving it a much care it is still as i has bought it shiny and scratch less.If you want you can check out some videos on the YouTube where the gorilla glass have been tested by rubbing the sharp knife and keys on it screen but it does not even get a single small scratch and i think that the new launches of Nokia phone in higher range are having it as well.

I am sure about the Nokia 700 and 701 that they are having a gorilla glass display as i have read it on their official site and i have also checked the specification where they have mentioned that they are having gorilla glass but i have not yet came across any such specifications and announcement regarding the Nokia 600 is having a gorilla glass.I have seen some statements that has been put on some sites but i have found that the model appears to be marked cancel so i am not pretty much sure about it but if you keep the range in mi9nd than i think that the Nokia 600 is not having a gorilla glass because the Nokia 600 is for approximately 12000 rs and the 700 is for approximately 18000 rs and the 701 is for approximately for 20000 rs.

I am sure that the Nokia 600 is not having a gorillas glass because if they had it then it would have been mentioned in their specification and i have checked all the three phones specifications and i have found that the Nokia 700 and 701 are surely having it where as the Nokia 600 is not and i agree to your price strategy as well because as it has been the cheapest among these three then there are possible chances that they wont have implemented the gorilla glass as that range phones but even it has some great features and it is worth buying as well and you can get it and later use a screen protector but if gorilla glass is a must for you then you will have to spend more.

I have found the below display specification from a trusted site where there is no instance of gorilla glass:
    Type
    • TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors

Size
    • 360 x 640 pixels, 3.2 inches (~229 ppi pixel density)
    • Multi-touch input method
    • Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
    • Proximity for auto turn-off