Thread: Toshiba Satellite L755-S5258 laptop dead after attempting BIOS update

Toshiba Satellite L755-S5258 laptop dead after attempting BIOS update

Hi, when I was trying to update the BIOS in my Toshiba Satellite L755-S5258 laptop it was not successful and however it appears to be dead.

Any idea how can get It work again? I am newer such installation, need suggestion.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L755-S5258 laptop dead after attempting BIOS update

Are you sure that you were installing perfect BIOS in your machine? Because see let me tell you as if you are installing any other version then it may cause severe damage to your machine for sure.

Will you please mention which version you were about to install in the machine? Because as the extent to I know with your laptop there is a BIOS version 2.00 available, not sure about any latest one. You can simply search for the newer update on the motherboard manufacturer’s website, and always make sure that the BIOS you have downloaded from such official website only, or else the could causes such a problem with the machine.

As you have mentioned that you are new to such installation, the according to me you should not do this if you are not really aware about the fact because it may lose other hardware as well in the laptop because of that only, you should make sure all the things are working perfectly in the machine.

Along with that this time when you try to install the driver you should approach a good computer engineer and let them do this for you, and if you are willing to do this on your own then you can simply do it by following a installation manual but still it is likely risky.

- I think you should try to visit the service center and let them install this for you in your machine if you are not that much good with this.

But it is strongly recommended as not to do it by yourself without precise knowledge.

dkbose Guest

though I am agree with the above user but still if you are trying to install the same version mentioned above but still having problem with it then I’d rather suggest you to specify the error that you are getting while you are trying to update the BIOS, because from that only I can figure out the accurate threat that you are having currently in your machine.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, I have installed the version which you have mentioned and now it is been installed perfectly in the machine.