Thread: Is Nokia 701 Screen having a gorilla glass or not

Is Nokia 701 Screen having a gorilla glass or not

I am willing to buy a Nokia 701 as i have been waiting for this since it was announced and the doubt i have now is about the gorilla glass.I mean what is this gorilla glass and is it there in Nokia 701.I have heard about it but i dint know much about the gorilla glass but my friends have suggested that they are the best display glasses.So i just need a bit of information regarding the display and a confirmation whether it is there in the Nokia 701.Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

dkbose Guest

Re: Is Nokia 701 Screen having a gorilla glass or not

Gorilla glass is basically a hard glass that are now being used in many phones as a display and they have found to be great as well.It is a scracth resistant glass which does not get any kind of scracthes form the day to day life materials that cxan come in contact with it.They have been recently introduced in the galaxy tabs.People say that if you have a gorilla glass display than you dont have to wory much about the display all tht time.They have been well testd with the sharp and hard netals like knife and key that have been rubbed in the screen hardly in order to check if they get scracthes or not but at the last they have found to be the same without any scracthes and i think that it is there in the Nokia 701 but i am not sure about it.

I have came across the below display specification of the Nokia 701 where it is clearly written that it is having a gorilla glass display:
    Display specification-
    • Backlit IPS TFT, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    • Screen size -360 x 640 pixels, 3.5 inches
    • Gorilla Glass display
    • Nokia ClearBlack display
    • Multi-touch input method
    • Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
    • Proximity for auto turn-off

They have also mention it on their official site clearly that the Nokia 701 will be having a gorilla glass so you dont have to panic by any kind of rumors that might have been raised regarding it having a gorilla glass or not.Just check it on the official site and you will yourself find it and i think that if they have mentioned it than they will surely give it because they have been one of the best brands by now and i dont think that they will compromise in any terms and spoil their brand name and i think that all the coming up latest phones in higher range will be having it common from now as many company has got a good response for it.

Yes even i have seen some official site where they have annou8nced that the Nokia 701 is having gorilla glass and i will like to inform you that the high range model which have been launched currently like the Nokia 701 and 700 are having gorilla glass but the Nokia 600 is not having it as it is the cheapest among these three.Even i am willing to get 700 as i have found it best for me.