Thread: Toshiba Satellite L500 laptop wont boot

Toshiba Satellite L500 laptop wont boot

As I have mentioned in the title itself as my Toshiba laptop is having problem with booting. I have tried all the possible know thing prior to get it work but neither works for me. I have tried to run the machine in both recovery or normal mode but none of them seemed working.

Is there anyone having same problem with their machine? Please let me know some of the fixes for the same.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L500 laptop wont boot

I am not sure whether it will work perfectly or not but still you can try for sure as first of all turn the computer on and without delay press and hold the F8 key which will enable Advanced Boot Options menu.

As soon as the menu appears in to view you’ll get numerous option regarding different activities, so from that you have to select “Repair Your Computer”. After selecting this you’ll reach to “System Recovery Options” thus from there you can repair your operating system.

So let me know what happens what you do that, either nothing will work perfectly or everything would be fine after doing this.

ther is another way as well for running the machine again, and for that you have to do this. First, unplug it from the power cord and then take the battery out, as you complete with this press the power button for few times, for example you can even hold it for 30 seconds or so, then see if it fires up.

Sometimes that helps flush out any little bits of electricity/static that may have built up. And the after sometime try to boot the machine and see what happens.

Together with this, you may would like to remove the memory panel at the base and take out the BIOS battery to reset the bios, then place it back in. If your BIOS is someway despoiled this will get rid of the difficulty.

Yes, I have previously reached that menu and effort to boot in "Safe Mode" and "Startup Repair" as well as a couple others.

Both of them were giving me different results as when I select safe mode, it takes me to a black screen. And Startup Repair lets me see my mouse courser, but other than that only a black screen.

As there could be so many issue with booting the machine, you can have too many fixes that you can try.

• Reseated Ram.
    • Make fan dirt free
    • Changed Thermal Strip to Compound. (suggested anyway)
    • Reseated CPU
    • Swapped CPU
    • Check Ternination of Connectors on Cables. (With heat and time the
      plastic becomes weak and can Checked Power plug
    • Checked Battery
    • Looked over Connections along MB
    • break and crack.
    • Reset Bios Battery

you did not even mentioned whether which Operating system you are running, because that is the most significant subject. Anyways have you tried repairing the OS? If you’re missing dangerous boot files, your computer will try to boot, be unsuccessful, then reboot itself, and it will carry on doing this until you yourself power it off. Insert your Operating system disk, boot from the CD if possible, and run the repair utility. If it is despoiled boot files (boot.ini, etc) this will fix it and the computer will start for sure.

Of course, if it is a hardware trouble, this won't fix it. Hardware troubles could consist of anything such as bad memory which you appear to have ruled that out, bad hard drives which comprise bad sectors or simply maybe a overheating issue.

I have same opinion as the above user but still if suppose there is some problem regarding the operating system then it would be fixed after reinstalling the OS in your machine, thus rather than running the repairing utility you should try to reinstall the operating system, though it would only wiped out the data which is stored in drive where the OS is installed, thus you can simply make a backup as well.

have you ever contacted Toshiba support center for the same? You can either check their website for further solution or simply contact them through telephone.

In not then please do that first of all and see what happens.