Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to view DVD's on Toshiba tecra 8100

Portable Devices

Old 07-10-2011

Unable to view DVD's on Toshiba tecra 8100

HI, I am having Toshiba tecra 8100 laptop, in which I am having problem reading DVDís. donít know what could be the problem with the laptop but as the extent to I know all the hardwareís are working perfectly, so what other factors that can affect the machine to not to run DVDís.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Old 07-10-2011

Re: Unable to view DVD's on Toshiba tecra 8100

Are you having problem with any particular DVDís or your machine canít run any DVD? Because see this is very major problem regarding the machine you have mentioned.

If you are having problem with particular DVD then surely your DVDís is either corrupted or simply not working anyway, have you tried running the same DVD on any other machine? If not then I would like to suggest you that you should try that first so you can at least confirm whether the DVD is really not working or this is only happening with your machine.

And if suppose all the DVDís are not working that means either there could be some problem with the drive that you are using if we concern hardware, and if you are using any software for the same then other problem should be there only.
Old 07-10-2011

I am agree with the above user as you should make sure whether your DVD player is working or not, and are you sure that your Laptop has DVD drive?

If you have a CD Rom drive you will not be able you watch DVD's.
Old 07-10-2011

According to me you should try to test the drive that you are using in your laptop whether it is working or not. If you find any glitch with that then simply you should try to get the newer one or I am not sure whether it is repairable or not.

You can test it through any hardware technician as well so that you can figure out the actual cause and find some quick fixes for the same.

Bu along with this, sometimes some of the DVDís were actually written from any faulty drive, so possibly they are not readable at any other machine, thus as mentioned by the above user you should try to run the same disk on other machine.
Old 07-10-2011
dkbose

if you are using any software for reading the disk, then I think that can also be one of the cause that avoids the DVD to be detect.

You should uninstall that software from the machine and then see what happens, or if you want to have that in your machine then you can simply reinstall it.
Old 07-10-2011

See donít know what could be the problem with the machine but still the thing that made me wonder is like why you make use of such media, I mean to say sometimes itís quite necessary I know but when we know that we must have to use it for more than one time so we should save it to the hard drive rather than using the disk each and every time.
Old 07-10-2011

Almost all have suggested you the possible way but still if suppose you are having any problem still with running the DVDís and you are sure that your hardware is working perfectly then you can have option to reinstall the whole operating system again in your machine, and then see what happens, because corruption in the OS may cause such troubles reading the DVDís.

If you have found any problem with the hardware thatís your disk drive then you can have option to get it replaced from the manufacturer and I think it seems that the machine is not that older to exceed the warranty period.
Old 08-10-2011

once I was also having same problem with my drive and when I test it I came to know that the lenses in the drive was damaged and because of that only I was not able to read any disk inserted in the machine. But let me tell you as this is not the only threat but if suppose there is some dirt or dust in the lens then also it can cause such a problem with reading the DVDís, in fact not only DVDís but compact disks as well.

There are several cleaners available on the market that you can use in order to clean the drive lens and then see what happens, you can go through the manuals as well that comprises the instruction for cleaning the lenses of drives.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,