Thread: Unable to view DVD's on Toshiba tecra 8100

Unable to view DVD's on Toshiba tecra 8100

HI, I am having Toshiba tecra 8100 laptop, in which I am having problem reading DVD’s. don’t know what could be the problem with the laptop but as the extent to I know all the hardware’s are working perfectly, so what other factors that can affect the machine to not to run DVD’s.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to view DVD's on Toshiba tecra 8100

Are you having problem with any particular DVD’s or your machine can’t run any DVD? Because see this is very major problem regarding the machine you have mentioned.

If you are having problem with particular DVD then surely your DVD’s is either corrupted or simply not working anyway, have you tried running the same DVD on any other machine? If not then I would like to suggest you that you should try that first so you can at least confirm whether the DVD is really not working or this is only happening with your machine.

And if suppose all the DVD’s are not working that means either there could be some problem with the drive that you are using if we concern hardware, and if you are using any software for the same then other problem should be there only.

I am agree with the above user as you should make sure whether your DVD player is working or not, and are you sure that your Laptop has DVD drive?

If you have a CD Rom drive you will not be able you watch DVD's.

According to me you should try to test the drive that you are using in your laptop whether it is working or not. If you find any glitch with that then simply you should try to get the newer one or I am not sure whether it is repairable or not.

You can test it through any hardware technician as well so that you can figure out the actual cause and find some quick fixes for the same.

Bu along with this, sometimes some of the DVD’s were actually written from any faulty drive, so possibly they are not readable at any other machine, thus as mentioned by the above user you should try to run the same disk on other machine.

dkbose Guest

if you are using any software for reading the disk, then I think that can also be one of the cause that avoids the DVD to be detect.

You should uninstall that software from the machine and then see what happens, or if you want to have that in your machine then you can simply reinstall it.

See don’t know what could be the problem with the machine but still the thing that made me wonder is like why you make use of such media, I mean to say sometimes it’s quite necessary I know but when we know that we must have to use it for more than one time so we should save it to the hard drive rather than using the disk each and every time.

Almost all have suggested you the possible way but still if suppose you are having any problem still with running the DVD’s and you are sure that your hardware is working perfectly then you can have option to reinstall the whole operating system again in your machine, and then see what happens, because corruption in the OS may cause such troubles reading the DVD’s.

If you have found any problem with the hardware that’s your disk drive then you can have option to get it replaced from the manufacturer and I think it seems that the machine is not that older to exceed the warranty period.

once I was also having same problem with my drive and when I test it I came to know that the lenses in the drive was damaged and because of that only I was not able to read any disk inserted in the machine. But let me tell you as this is not the only threat but if suppose there is some dirt or dust in the lens then also it can cause such a problem with reading the DVD’s, in fact not only DVD’s but compact disks as well.

There are several cleaners available on the market that you can use in order to clean the drive lens and then see what happens, you can go through the manuals as well that comprises the instruction for cleaning the lenses of drives.