Thread: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6030 Laptop overheats

Toshiba Satellite A505-S6030 Laptop overheats

Hi, I have Toshiba Satellite A505-S6030 Laptop and was working fine but from last one week I have started getting problem with it as whenever I sit more than 3 to 4 hours on the machine it get overheated which wasn’t the problem earlier !

Don’t know why suddenly such a issue comes with the machine. Any suggestion would be appreciated for resolving this because I am quite scared to lose any hardware, because seeing such a heat from the machine I can’t bear it however.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6030 Laptop overheats

Assuming you were smart enough to purchase a laptop that in fact has vents and fans, you are still probably to have an overheating trouble now and then. usually speaking, the three principal reasons of laptop overheating are like, \

1) an non-functioning fan,
    2) Distant matter clogging the vents and fans, and
    3) external or environmental problems.

You should be capable to determine at least two of these problems after a thorough testing of the laptop. prior to do any sort of fix or indicative work on a laptop, you should turn it off and remove all the cables and the battery. If you don't you can harm yourself and the machine. If you can't tell whether the fan is not working or the vents are congested, look around with a flashlight.

BIOS upgrades be inclined to cause troubles with laptops. If you've upgraded to a most recent version of BIOS and found troubles, at that time you can try to uninstall that version and reinstall the version you had at first.

While having any overheating issues is it quite important to recognize the causes and you may get symptoms like,

1- The machine’s cooling fans will work incessantly and loudly at utmost speed.

2- The laptop will unexpectedly shut down by itself with no caution, possibly subsequent to only 5 to 10 minutes of function.

3- The laptop will work well while it is idling, but will surely shut down almost immediately following start to utilize any software that makes the processor work hard such as 3D Games, movie players, picture or video editing software, etc..

it would be better if you specify exactly what is happening with your machine so that I can assist you better.

see sometimes this could happens because of unnecessary upgrade of hardware in the machine, and that’s not the problem if you upgrade the hardware, but if that newer one is not compatible with other one then it may cause problem with the machine.

Can you please mentioned what specification you have installed in the machine?

I was also having the same issue with the machine and was because of the Fan only, thus I would like to suggest you that how you fix issues regarding the FAN.

Actually the fan is used to moreover suck chill air into the machine or propel hot air out of it. Once you've initiate the fan, quietly poke around into the fan vent and see if you can formulate the fan blades shunt. Be careful with what you attach into the escape. You might attempt a plastic swizzle stick or the end of a cotton scrub with the fiber removed.

subsequently, hold the fan blades in place with whatever long object you've been stabbing around with, and shoot a few compressed air into the vent. Ensure the dense air is made for electronic clean-up and doesn't comprise any liquids. Spray with the can top side up or else you'll danger having impressive other than just air coming out. And letting the blades turn can badly injure the performance of the fan. If the dense air doesn't do the trick, try an electronic vacuity cleaner.

as mentioned by the above user as reinstalling the previous BIOS if you have installed any newer one, thus I would say recommend you the same but regarding the drivers for the hardware you have in the machine.

Same way if you have installed any other drivers apart from the compatible rather original one then you should uninstall that and install the one that you have gotten with the machine. And if you want to install the newer one then make sure you have downloaded It from the legitimate or simply from the official website.

-Never depart a running laptop on a bunk bed, mat or pillow. Laptops left on a surface that holds the heat in can be lastingly damaged. Several laptops generate sufficient heat to even melt plastic case components.

I am not sure what could be the reason that can cause the problem but still there are several ways through which you can keep the laptop cool.

1. Don't come to an end up with your laptop, close it, after that push it into a bag, messenger bag, or carrying case—the confined space will trap heat and damage the laptop.

2. Should your laptop shut down on its own, if not then don't attempt to launch it back up again and again. The shut-down is a sign of overheating.

3. Shut down if you fall anything on or close to your laptop.

4. in no way keep your laptop in sleeping manner for over an hour.

5. Re-adjust your power settings so as to produce fewer warmth.

No, I haven’t upgraded any hardware ever in the machine, it has the only hardware which I had when I bought it for the first time, though I have mention the specification below.

Processor – Intel i7-Q720

GFX - NVIDIA GeForce 310M

RAM - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz

hard drive - 500GB HDD

Operating system -Windows 7 Home Premium

I think you must be having any serious issue with the machine thus rather than applying such a fixes for the machine you should try to contact the service center and have proper service from there, because as the extent to I know whenever any hardware gets fails to provides its best output it causes such a problem, so you may get replacement for that particular hardware as well.