Thread: Toshiba Satellite L655-S5117 failed to resume from sleep/ power profile issue

Toshiba Satellite L655-S5117 failed to resume from sleep/ power profile issue

Toshiba-Satellite Laptop / Intel Core i3 Processor / 15.6" Display-Helios Black-L655-S5117 Order Date: 11/08/2010 Hey Guys! Since I shut my laptop's top while I'm logged in my profile, the framework could not continue from sleep when I open the cover. I need to hard boot and log in again losing any unsaved work. The framework doesn't rest either! The screen goes off but the heading stay on. Once, it was in this hung over state for over 8 hours but didn't sleep. In the event that the framework is on battery storage device and the capacity safeguarding mode 'stop the screen', I cannot get the screen once again on again without hard booting. The Laptop went with Win 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L655-S5117 failed to resume from sleep/ power profile issue

I headed off to start>run>cmd and dropped in powercfg –restore default plans. There was no post or mistake and I got the C:\ arouse back. I shut the top right then and held up for the lights to go out; It did and when I raised the cover again and pressed the capacity on catch, I was carried back to the login screen. Following, I slept the framework and held up for the lights to go out. The framework rested pronto with the lights off and all. When I restarted the laptop, I did not get the 'Windows did not shut down respectably' lapse screen (which I could at times inch toward getting even if the laptop rested) and was carried to login screen. Both the situation subsequently appears to be determined at the instant.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L655-S5117 failed to resume from sleep/ power profile issue

I could not recreate the same outcomes every time but its occurrence more regularly or conceivably I've begun perceiving it more. I attempted the Elevated Command Prompt Power Schemes reset but it didn't help either. In any case if the laptop is on battery cell or AC capacity, the hibernate/sleep/resume situations are all back. Would you be able to infer something else or need to I attempt reaching Toshiba repair as the laptop is still under warranty.

I attempted. It didn't work and this is what troubles me the most. Ordinarily we'd attempt to make it happen on interest but in my case there are some things that could conceivably repeat the symptoms but the end result is; they produce my laptops sleep/resume/hibernate quite flighty. I'm dealing with an expression record, I head off to get me some cafe, I return and touch my track cushion to carry back the screen, I see HDD advanced eye flicker for a sec; I press the capacity bind and I see the HDD headed go eye flicker again but under no condition could the screen return vivified. At the same time, it might conceivably.

There was about 28% battery cell essence, one word record was open, chrome and one IE 9 window was open-Utorrent, powerISO, Teamviewer & Skype in background level separated from schedule transforms. I let the laptop be. Screen goes off, and it might have dropped in sleep mode when some time. I attempt continuing the framework by rodent click or track cushion but the framework doesn't react. I press the capacity bind and the CAPS bolt light goes on (was off at first) but the framework doesn't continue.

• Once you would be able to make the situation happen on interest. See depending on if it happens when a clean boot.
    • Open the System Configuration utility (msconfig.exe).
    • On the General tab, click Selective startup and clear the Load startup parts check box.
    • On the Services tab, click the Hide all Microsoft services check box and click Disable all.
    • OK out and restart the computer.

It worked okay. Framework continued successfully something greater than a couple of times accompanying the same strides. Following that I went back to msconfig and loaded startup items and enabled all services. Following, I let the framework run over to sleep/go flat on battery cell. When I attempted to continue it, the same situation happened; the framework did not continue. Is there any avenue of secluding which service/driver is bringing about this? A debt of gratitude is in order regarding staying me thus far!

I attempted that. Preparing the utilities and keeping all startup items disabled, but the framework didn't continue. I'm determined to double check unequivocally to make sure. As of now, I need to impair both startup items and services for a successful continue.

In the event that this is the case, track down the aid that makes the hang-up. In consideration of we have alternated the Microsoft services, it didn't accompany Windows.

Same with me following 6 reboots I'm positive that it works when startup items are disabled and fixes are running. The screen goes off, the battery cell empties and on (AC powered) reboot I get a reckoned 'continue framework' alarm. Following, I'll be crippling startup parts separately. Seeing that I utilize exceptionally run-of-the-factory framework, I have just particularly standard startups parts like I specified prior: skype, utorrent, teamviewer, poweriso, conexant sound, intel HD representation and WiFi utility.

I'm still attempting the startup parts which were earlier disabled. I conjecture I have incapacitated the driver which prepares the touchpad's parchment usefulness. In any case, the rest mode on battery cell empty or inertia is working fine I surmise. However, the sleep mode on battery drain or inactivity is working fine I guess. Over again, a debt of gratitude is in order regarding the support.