Thread: How to get Apps to use the ext SD Card on MOTOROLA ELECTRIFY

How to get Apps to use the ext SD Card on MOTOROLA ELECTRIFY

Bought this phone recently and was having a small issue I have seem in other areas however still do not find how to acquire programs to use the ext sd card. The main on for me is Tape Machine . I require saving my recording to the ext SD card as a few of my recordings go approximately 2 hrs in wav so that they are simple to play anywhere.

On a different note this phone is huge. The signal reception for data and Wi-Fi is imaginary it beat any phone I have ever own.

Re: How to get Apps to use the ext SD Card on MOTOROLA ELECTRIFY

I think it’s a an application issue . a few developers have hard coded their apps to use sdcard as the storage in its place of letting the user choose. Most developers are addressing this problem it is not just Motorola phones, but several phone with both internal and external user storage.

What I Suggestions is

• get in touch with developer and let them be familiar with the problem
    • shift recordings to sdcard ext following you record

The developer has been useful but was not sure on the correct file extension. It seems that they can do, but I'm not sure about the steps if I have to file extension card first and then change the destination in the program I might give that a go. Regardless of this phone is great I wounder why we decided to phone fails to stop in the LTE radio, but no rupture.

Well I am not sure I'm not sure what you mean by file extension. The developer should allow the user to choose where an application stores its files. Currently the options are / mnt / sdcard for internal storage on phones with 2 locations, the SD card into the phone without internal storage , and / mnt / ext-sdcard (SD card for phones with internal memory, does not exist unless internal storage). So "sdcard" may be one of two places depending on the phone. If the application does not have a method of targeting "sdcard-ext" for storage, then the files are stored in "sdcard" and you have to manually move from sdcard to sdcard-ext to free space on sdcard.

I don’t know how this works on MOTOROLA ELECTRIFY does but I have a few movies on my SD card however they don't come in my gallery. I have to physically go to the "Files" app and locate it there.

Is there any way to put in the SD card contents inside the gallery?