Thread: How to set up different ringtones for individual contact in address book on Motorola triumph

How to set up different ringtones for individual contact in address book on Motorola triumph

Is there any way to set different ringtones for individual people in my address book? I had my iPhone, and I would do the same with my success. It's good to know who is calling by the ring tone instead of having to take the phone in my pocket and look. Usually the use of BT devices, so it's actually a feature that I use.

dkbose Guest

Re: How to set up different ringtones for individual contact in address book on Motorola triumph

Well what I can suggest you is to do the following
    • Open the Contacts on your phone
    • Choose a Contact that you want to attempt
    • Press Menu. Do not choose Edit instead select Options in its place.
    • Make your Ringtone choice there.

There are software available in the Market for make ringtones, or you can download a few. You be able to put them on your microSD card.
    I consider you can put them in one of these folders and the OS will find it and list them in the list of ringtones from which you can make a choice . start here
    Code:
    sdcard/media/audio/ringtones

sdcard/audio/ringtones

sdcard/ringtones

Re: How to set up different ringtones for individual contact in address book on Motorola triumph

That is one great tip. in addition, in the similar folder to add ringtones, you can create alarms and notification of the two in that order I know that in the Atrix, sdcard / media / audio / ringtones or other works. But I agree you should start sdcard ringtones and see if it works. Let us know how it went.

Thanks for the recommendation, however when I choose a contact the menu shows
    View Contact
    Call Contact
    Text Contact
    Add to favorites
    Edit Contact
    Delete Contact

It does not give an Options choice. Is there anything I doing wrong please guide me trough

On the top level of the sdcard make the sub-directory that you require and the media scanner and OS will locate the content with no trouble. And yes, in addition the Ringtones sub-dir, as above post has show, creating Alarms and Notifications subdirectories let the phone possessor to put audio content in it that will be listed in the suitable drop-down lists at the time setting those preference.

Now I understand how to configure the Micro SD card for the phone to find everything. However, the dialog in my contact list on the win does not give me an "Options" menu to assign different ringtones to different people. I downloaded something called Ringdroid, it possibly will work. After making the tone of the dialog box gives me the option to assign one of my contacts. Looks like I'll have to make all new to assign ringtones on this phone.

What he wants to tell you is Select Contact do not press long the contact, but rather press short contact. Then all the way through the menu, he referred to press the menu button which is the leftmost of the four on the bottom with 4 squares.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

It's kind of a difficult concept-in, yet powerful for Android, this gesture is called a long press. similar to when you look at one of the screens in your home, if you long press on an icon, then drag to the waste can. Or if you long press on an empty area of the screen, is given a dialog box to select applications, shortcuts, flash, etc, to add to the screen. Or if you have multiple keyboards loaded on the phone, a gesture long press on an input field dialog lets you select between different input methods available to you. Now, one might think that "edit" a contact would be the way to select the tone that corresponds. I have no idea why there is a menu item options. I guess the designers do not want to create a long dialogue in contact with many option

Quote Originally Posted by Bhadran View Post
    It's kind of a difficult concept-in, yet powerful for Android, this gesture is called a long press. similar to when you look at one of the screens in your home, if you long press on an icon, then drag to the waste can. Or if you long press on an empty area of the screen, is given a dialog box to select applications, shortcuts, flash, etc, to add to the screen. Or if you have multiple keyboards loaded on the phone, a gesture long press on an input field dialog lets you select between different input methods available to you. Now, one might think that "edit" a contact would be the way to select the tone that corresponds. I have no idea why there is a menu item options. I guess the designers do not want to create a long dialogue in contact with many option
    That is in fact the execution of Blur edition of dialer. though, still there, it is covered under Additional options , a drop-down menu that you require to choose.

Oh there are So many concealed things on these phones to study, and no genuine instruction manual to locate them. The manual just tells you essential function and how to activate the phone and all . I almost certainly would never have set up this without your assist.