Thread: Stuck on Booting recovery kernel in Acer Iconia A501

Stuck on Booting recovery kernel in Acer Iconia A501

I recently got a Acer Iconia A501 tablet. Now I just updated from 3.01 to 3.2. now I am thinking that I should go back to the 3.1. Now I am thinking of rooting it again. So while doing that I went ahead and decrypted the update file by Acer and placed the update.zip on my sd card. Now having done that the next thing I did was restarted my tab by pressing the Volume and Power button. Now on switching on it says that "Booting recovery kernel image". So that’s what the message I am getting from a long time and I don’t know what to do henceforth can you all please tell me what should I do under that circumstances please let me know about the same as soon as possible. Waiting for the replies guys. Don’t know what went wrong guys.

Re: Stuck on Booting recovery kernel in Acer Iconia A501

In this situation it seems to me as there can be a fault of the sd card or the update.zip folder as well. So the possibilities can be quite different for sure, that’s what I know. See the power button that you had held you should be holding it for a longer time that’s what I feel. unless and until you see the 4th line of the text till that time you should not leave that button at all. so that’s what I am saying here. hope that was clear for you, so do as what I have instructed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Huron View Post
    In this situation it seems to me as there can be a fault of the sd card or the update.zip folder as well. So the possibilities can be quite different for sure, that’s what I know. See the power button that you had held you should be holding it for a longer time that’s what I feel. unless and until you see the 4th line of the text till that time you should not leave that button at all. so that’s what I am saying here. hope that was clear for you, so do as what I have instructed to you.
    I know that sd card is not corrupted at all, that’s what I know. I have tried the same procedure that you have suggested many a number of times but sorry to say there is no positive output at all. now I want to check if I have to see whether update.zip is corrupted or not then how should I go and check it? also sometimes I get a android sign with exclamation mark, why is it showing me that? can anyone tell me about the same, that will be better for me. please do tell me something about the same.

See If the file is not getting installed correctly then it is but obvious that the file is corrupted tahts it and the only solution for you to try out is that go and get the different frile form the different source tahts what you can do. I think that will be the effective solution that you can try for sure. so that’s what I am saying here. now regarding the android exclamation mark what I can say is that stock recovery is searching for an update.zip file on the sdcard and since the zip file is corrupted that’s why it is showing you the sign. Now that’s the reason why you are not getting to do anything hope that was sufficient for you. so do work on that dude.