Thread: Unable to root Acer Iconia A501 with factory shipped Android 3.2

Unable to root Acer Iconia A501 with factory shipped Android 3.2

I hope you all have read the title properly. Now what I am saying is that my tablet was factory shipped with the 3. Operating system of android. So now the issue is that I am not able to root my tablet it is not happening at all. few days ago I had tried downgrading my operating system but that did not happen at all, that’s what the issue is. Some people are saying that they have downgraded to 3.1 and that too without rooting but that does not seem to be happening with my Iconia at all. don’t know when I will be getting a fix for the issue. I am able to install roms from the a500 tablet that were running 3.0.1 but after a simple restart it gives me an error. I don’t know how to get a fix for the problem. Please do let me know about the same. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same.

Re: Unable to root Acer Iconia A501 with factory shipped Android 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by BahaDurr View Post
    I hope you all have read the title properly. Now what I am saying is that my tablet was factory shipped with the 3. Operating system of android. So now the issue is that I am not able to root my tablet it is not happening at all. few days ago I had tried downgrading my operating system but that did not happen at all, that’s what the issue is. Some people are saying that they have downgraded to 3.1 and that too without rooting but that does not seem to be happening with my Iconia at all. don’t know when I will be getting a fix for the issue. I am able to install roms from the a500 tablet that were running 3.0.1 but after a simple restart it gives me an error. I don’t know how to get a fix for the problem. Please do let me know about the same. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same.
    See root is available for stock 3.2 I know about that, that’s what the information I have got till now. So you can check out do some research on the same and you will get the necessary information about the same. So that’s what I am saying here.

No I don’t think that’s a correct statement at all. see what I think is that there are more number of A500 users and also the root upgrade for A501 will be coming up only after the upgrade for A500 has been released. So you might be getting after that only, that’s what I am saying here. so that’s it from my side for you all. I hope the necessary message has reached you.

Just go and download the Acer_A501_1.309.02_COM_GEN1_SD_update.zip. you can also search it in google for the file and you will be able to get it from there only. So go ahead and try out with the same. go and install it in the phone now reboot it. now what it will do is that it will install the 3.0.1 firmware in your phone and then if you want you can reflash it with the various 3.2 roms. So that’s what you should be doing. I hope you have got the necessary information on the same. so do try on that and let me know if it works for you or not.

Ok that was really great information that you have given here. Still I have a lot of issue in my phone and so what I want to ask is that I have installed the roms in my phone and the message appears that boot verification fails. So that takes me to the conclusion that I might require CUS7 now I am wondering if were I will get the 3.0.1 for CUS7? Any ideas where will I get it then do let me know about the same as soon as possible on the same. please do look at it and answer out my query as soon as possible. Please do reply out guys.

Ok then look out for Acer_A501_0.000.00_4.017.03_EMEA_CUS7. Just do a simple search in the internet about the same and install it in the phone. sorry I m not able to give you any kind of downloadable links for the same. now with the help of Acer_A501_0.000.00_4.017.03_EMEA_CUS7 you will be able to successfully boot in HC3.2. After that factory reset it by getting into privacy then personal data and last factory reset. Format the sd card and then start up your tablet. That’s what you should be doing. Surely should work for you this time in case if it does not then inform me as soon as possible.

The reason why 3.2 is not downgradable is because they are using which does not allow any kind of rooting to take place, so that’s the reason why 3.2 is such a difficult os to deal with.

Yes you might be right about it I don’t know I am trying this same method from a long time and I don’t know still not getting any fixes out of it. I will try and look out for more such solutions and see if I am able to get some fix out of it that’s what I would be expecting for sure, lets see if I can do that.