Thread: Sony Ericsson xperia play sends messages unknowingly to unknown numbers

Sony Ericsson xperia play sends messages unknowingly to unknown numbers

I am having Sony Ericsson xperia play and in the mobile I am having very wired problem with the firmware currently installed.

As whenever the phone is in idle mode it just keeps sending text messages to the unknown numbers, don’t know how this is happening, but because of that I have lost all my credit within just 2 days.

Any idea what could be the problem with the phone firmware? Any suggestion for resolving this would also be appreciated.

Re: Sony Ericsson xperia play sends messages unknowingly to unknown numbers

yeah you are right as this could be some real wired problem that I have heard for the first time in fact, thus I would say you should try to make sure whether you are having up to date firmware in your mobile.

You can either make a firmware reset to your mobile and see whether the same thing is happening or not, or if suppose you are still having the same problem then you can simply proceed with reinstalling the OS in your mobile.

I would say this is quite wired to hear but still it is not that as I was also having the same problem because of one application I had installed in the phone. So have you ever installed any such messaging application I your mobile? If yes then I would like to suggest you that you should make sure whether when you keep the phone idle it is working in background or not. Because if the application is also working in the background then you may get such a problem with the device.

And the better option is to simply remove the application from the phone, so that nothing will be sent to other phone numbers.

I think you should try to contact the service center about the problem, and together with that you can complain the same to your network operator as well, because it might be possible that because of their mistake you mobile keeps sending text messages to other unknown numbers.