Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY vs. Sony Ericsson xperia ARC

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY vs. Sony Ericsson xperia ARC

Hi, from so long I was planning to have a smartphone for myself but was confused about some of the models , but now I have decided to bought it from either Xperia play or Xperia arc.

But still I am confused about this phones as well, is there anyone having this phones, which one is better to have? What is the difference between this models?

Need good suggestion.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY vs. Sony Ericsson xperia ARC

I am also not sure about the dissimilarities in both the device but still I am mentioning the LINKs below that you can check for their respective specification so you can simply figure out the exsact difference about the phones.

.. Xperia arc

.. xperia play

at some concern I have tested both the devices and I have mentioned the result below so that you can clear yourself about having any one of them.

Xperia ARC :

Great body design
    Great body substance
    Great Camera
    Deprived sound
    No gaming Pad
    superior Screen
    Not so good Web experience
    Not so good Touch Interface
    Radio

Xperia PLAY :

Standard body design
    deprived body material
    standard Camera
    Great sound
    Gaming Pad
    standard Screen
    Great Web Experience
    Great Touch experience
    No Radio

See both the phones that you have mentioned is completely opposite according to their usage. In other words I can say that one of the model is completely intended for the used who love to play game on such device, and another one is just the smartphone having quite good feature that smartphone suppose to have.

Thus I would like to ask you that which kind of mobile you are looking for, if you like to play the games on the phone then I would suggest xperia play only as it is the first smartphone ever which is certified by the playstation. You can play all the PlayStation game on the mobile which is not possible with any other phone that you can compare with the play.

Exactly I have the same opinion as the above user, and I would also prefer the xperia play only because the thing is like you are getting such a immense gaming practice and together with that all the smartphone features that you can have with the Xperia Arc, so why not play?

I also in the same boat as the devices that you have mentioned are good at their own end, In other words they are actually feature specific phone, some of the features are good in the play and others are in the ARC. But still if you are only looking for any smartphone then I would always suggest you to have xperia arc only because I am also having the same phone, and which is quite rather far faster than the Xperia play.

Other good features included in the Xperia ARC is like you can have 8 MP of camera with 3264x2448 resolution. And at other hand in xperia play you can have 5 MP camera with 2592х1944 resolution.

Actually I was also about to buy Xperia play only, but when yesterday I came to know about the price drop of Xperia arc I was wondering about the available device and came to discuss here as which one would be better to have.

And please let me know which one would be good option to have the mobile, whether shall I get it from the shop or shall I order it from the internet?

Anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

I think you might have heard incorrect thing because I don’t think the prices are dropped this months, in fact they are as it is till today’s date.

But my recommendation is to have Xperia ARC only.

That’s also actually depends on you as from where you want to have, but if you are about to order the device from the internet I would suggest you that you should first inquire about the price of both the mobile from the nearest store so that you can simply compare them with other website before buying any, because it is absolutely assumed that you must have to pay more on the internet while shipping, because they will charge you extra for different taxes and the main thing is the delivery charge which will be added whatever you shipped from the internet.

But this was some cons about the internet shopping but it might be possible that you may get some exciting offers on the device purchase.