Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia play r800x stuck while resetting the firmware

Sony Ericsson Xperia play r800x stuck while resetting the firmware

Hi, I have Sony Ericsson Xperia play r800x which is absolutely not working perfectly, and really I am feeling like hell with the sony ericsson. Anyways as the title implies I am having problem with the phone as whenever I try to reset the firmware of my mobile it just get stuck at some point and because of that only I am not able to reset it anyways.

Any idea how can I do this, I mean to say is there any other way of doing the same thing? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia play r800x stuck while resetting the firmware

are you having any problem with the device?

Have you installed any faulty application in your mobile?

Or have you made any firmware update and after that this is happening?

Because see there could be so many possibilities of having such trouble with the mobile and you should test all of them. See try to detach the SD card from your mobile and then see whether you can do this or not, and if you can done that successfully that means there were some problem with the SD card content only, thus you can have another option as delete all the stuff you have stored in it.

you can simply reset the firmware using the PC Companion as well.

You just have to install the appropriate software in your PC and after that you’ll get option called "Phone Repair".

If you don’t have PC companion for the mobile, then you can download it from HERE.

see I think you are not completely familiar with this resetting process because you can do the same with two different techniques, as the same thing you can do this with the help of the option given by the phone but as you have mentioned that the process won’t went ahead when you do this, thus in such a cases there is another way as well through this you can achieve the same result for the phone you have.

See first of all you should try to do the same thing that you have already tried but as you are having problem then when the mobile stuck at some point at that time remove the battery out of your mobile and then wait for some time and then re-insert the battery in your phone and see what happens, this is also called as hard resetting or you can say battery calibration and there are many more phrases for the same.

why don’t you update the firmware, you must be having problem with the phone isn’t it?

My recommendation is to update the whole firmware in your phone again, and I think the newer firmware that’s 4.0.A.2.368 is available for the phone you have, so install that and all the things would be resolved.

Service center is always been a good option whenever we are having any problem with any such device, because if the mobile Is in the warranty period till that it’s their responsibility to keep our phone up to date. And whatever happens to the phone at that time we can contact them whenever we want, and that’s why I would suggesting you to do this.