Thread: Square key not working while playing games on my Sony Ericsson Xperia play

Square key not working while playing games on my Sony Ericsson Xperia play

HI, I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia play and It has started causing problem with the keys it has, I mean to say as the title implies I am not able to use the Square key while playing game as it just stopped responding.

Any idea what could be the problem? Is it somewhat regarding the hardware? And I think my phone is under warranty as well, so do I claim warranty or not?

Re: Square key not working while playing games on my Sony Ericsson Xperia play

Are you have this problem with particular game or with each and every game you play? And are you sure that the button works perfectly regardless of game?

If so then this is quite wired I would say, in fact how is it possible that the button is not working in game and with all other application it is working.

Anyways first mentioned what I have asked so that I can understand the problem precisely.

No this is possible as the game won’t recognize the button but still It is working outside the game. This is happens when we play the game with our own control, I mean to say whenever we assign our manual controls to the game and while configuring that anything went wrong you may get such a problem with the phone’s key. And this is not the only problem with the phone rather sometimes happens with PC and consoles as well. Thus here you can have option to simply make all the settings to their default and then see what happens.

And it if suppose you’re still having same problem with the phone then I think there could either problem in the phone’s hardware or software or simply in the game you are trying to play.

Have you ever tried reinstalling the game? If not then you should first try that and then see what happens.

I think you should try to reinstall the firmware of your mobile, generally this can cause such a problem while the current firmware gets corrupted.

but before that i would like to suggest you that you should try to reset the firmware of your mobile, because if the problem gets resolved after resetting the firmware then you may not have to reinstall the whole software again in the phone.

i can say that surely there is some problem with the hardware only, because It seems that though must have try reinstalling the firmware as well. And if there could be some problem with that only then surely it should be resolved after update but as the problem remains the same that’s simply implies there is some problem with the hardware only.

Here now you can simply either replace that particular hardware or get the newer one for the phone, and at this moment better option would be to visit the service center.

I am also thinking the same, because I have tried reinstalling the game as well as the phone firmware as well but still no luck as the problem is still the same in the phone.

So do I claim warranty for this? Thanks for the prompt suggestionss.

Yeah off course you can claim the warranty for your device, but still there are certain terms and conditions according to that only, you’ll get benefit for claiming the warranty.

I mean to say, have you ever dropped the mobile from the height? Because if there would be any physical damaged to the phone then you’ll not be able to get any benefit for the phone, and if in that case if there is some hardware problem in your phone so you must have to even pay for replacing it with newer hardware, but no doubt that would be again original and superior.