Thread: Is android Ice Cream Sandwich update available for Sony Ericsson xperia play

Is android Ice Cream Sandwich update available for Sony Ericsson xperia play

Hi, I am a Sony Ericsson Xperia play used from last 4 months and really it is working too fine but still I think the firmware version that currently installed in the mobile is not updated version of the phone, and that’s why I am about to reinstall the newer firmware in the mobile.

When I was surfing the net yesterday I came to know about this version as I have mentioned in the title, so I couldn’t get that much information about the same, but still I would like to install it in my mobile, is it possible?

Anyways let me know what are the good features included in this version, when it is going to release, for while models this is going to be released ?any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Is android Ice Cream Sandwich update available for Sony Ericsson xperia play

I think as the extent to I know you can have firmware 4.0.A.2.368 update for your xperia play, but I am not aware about this android 4.0 update though the official news about the firmware as released almost before 6 months. But still the update is not available.

I think With the iPhone 5 powerfully supposed to fall in either September or October, it appear as however the search giant has loaded up their mortars to coming let off at Apple with their very much projected Android 4.0 revise, named "Ice Cream Sandwich." mainly transmitted at Google I/O 2011.

Re: Is android Ice Cream Sandwich update available for Sony Ericsson xperia play

see I would like to suggest you that you should try to keep visiting the google for the availability of the OS.

You can simply keep and alert as well provided by the google.

See as the above user mentioned as the update is not yet arrived thus there is no such accurate information available for the newer firmware, but still I can say that whenever it get released but you’ll be able to use it for sure with your phone. And I have gotten some feature about the newer version of android from one of the source and they are,

1- USB Hosting - It is understand that Android 4.0 will come up with about USB Hosting which will allow one to utilize virtually every device with the tablet series from an Xbox controller for games to a keyboard/mouse for browsing and supplementary stuffs. You will also have the potential to include a USB tool to work mainly with an application. So a spirit monitor used with a fitness application.

2- Tracks Your Face - Android 4.0 will have the potential to road your appearance so in its place of you endeavoring to move around to get into the camera, the camera will auto-focus on to you in its position. It will also be sensible in video conferencing since the camera will shift to you while you start talking and after that move to whoever speaks so you don't misuse time attempting to move your device constantly the you would like to attention it on anyone in particular.

i have seen some pictures and videos of the same OS, you can see that but still if you are trying to update the phone then you can have firmware 4.0.A.2.368 version in your phone.

Google has proclaimed that the most recent version of its mobile operating system called "Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich" will be obtainable around at the end of November or December 2011. But various industry experts and convictional news sources said that Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich will be released at the beginning of September 2011.

Let see what happens in fact I am also waiting for the same for my play.

The list of phones that an update to Android Ice Cream Sandwich wait for not extends to the full range Xperia but the models released in recent year. In any case the following devices,
    • Xperia active

• Xperia arc (S)

• Xperia neo (V)

• Xperia play

• Xperia program

• Xperia ray

Here we should like to spot out that a number of these devices as yet not even obtainable. And for some devices, the 2.3.4 update to Android Gingerbread is a assure A few weeks ago, Sony Ericsson proclaimed that several devices mentioned on top of would get an update to the most recent Android version in October, the similar month that Ice Cream Sandwich is announced.

I think better option would be to confirm from the service center whether the update is available or not, because from there only you’ll get the surest information about the firmware.

Or you can simply have option to keep an eye on their official website about the latest news regaring the phone and their different updates.