Thread: Can I have firmware 4.0.A.2.368 for Sony Ericsson Xperia play R800i

Can I have firmware 4.0.A.2.368 for Sony Ericsson Xperia play R800i

Hi, I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia play R800i and don’t know which version of firmware I am using in the phone, but when I was searching about the newer firmware for the mobile I came to know about the above version as I have mentioned in the mobile. But there were written as the update is only available for the xperia play but don’t know whether it would be available for R800i or not !

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Can I have firmware 4.0.A.2.368 for Sony Ericsson Xperia play R800i

I would say there isn’t much more difference between the mobile you have and the formal Xperia play, thus I think as you have mentioned that the software is available for play then off course it would be available for the R800i as well.

And I have heard that the version have specified is region specific, in other words it is been available in particular specified regions only, so the thing is if it is available in your region rather country then you can surely install it in your mobile.

And apart from this network operator should also have no issue with the firmware, or else though the update is available you’ll not do this.

Exactly I am agree with the above user as It depends on where you live. It is being rolled out increasingly.

You can attempt to utilize PC Companion to update your phone. Because see if it is obtainable, you will be prompted to update while you attach your phone to the PC with PC Companion running.

there is another way as well for knowing the same about the phone but for that you must have to internet connection active on the phone. This is also known as OTA update to the phone.

You just have to tap the option from the phone somewhat named as “software update” or “firmware update”, after doing this you’ll get the screen showing current version and the available version for the phone, so after doing this you can simply figure out whether the update is available or not, and if yes so you can continue with the firmware update process.

After doing this the phone will download the latest software in the phone and will install it automatically. And be patient as it will take some time to update the firmware, and the phone will reboot during the process.

dkbose Guest

yeah the update is available for the phone and you can do this but before that I would like to suggest you that still confirm it first from the service center and if you don’t know exactly how to update the firmware you should try to either make use of the instruction given on the official site. Or you may lead to damage something in your phone.

the best way is to ask the nearest customer support, because the information that you’ll get from any website is not exact until and unless it is produced at their own official website, that’s sonyericsson.com.