Thread: Unable to play Star Battalion on my Sony Ericsson Xperia play

Unable to play Star Battalion on my Sony Ericsson Xperia play

Hi, I have sony ericsson Xperia play and as the name implies the mobile is intended for playing game only, but I am having problem with that feature as whenever I try to play the game called start battalion on the phone it just won’t start at all, and if it gets started so it just stuck at beginning screen only.

And when this happens, with no other option I have to just forcibly close the game from the task manager and sometimes by removing the battery. This happens randomly as sometimes game just won’t start and if it gets started then freezing happens.

Any suggestion, how do I resolve it?

Re: Unable to play Star Battalion on my Sony Ericsson Xperia play

I think there could be any problem with the phone, as whether the game is not working or simply there is some problem with the firmware installed in the phone.

See reinstalling the game first, then only you can figure our other threats.

And as the game is preinstalled with the firmware thus I have heard that after updating the firmware in the mobile so many people had this problem with the game. So have you made the same?

You will require to connect your mobile phone to your PC in Mass Storage Mode and place either the Gameloft or Games folder and inside one of those folders locate the Star Battalion game data folder.

It may not be named "Star Battalion" as it could be some different so you might have to go through the folder and see if some of the files give hints to be the game.

remove the whole folder for Star Battalion game directory then disconnect your phone and open Star Battalion via the Xperia Play launcher and it will download the game once again and should work well.

See I am agree with the above user, but still I would say you should try to reinstall the game in your mobile again, because according to me it seems that the game in your mobile gets corrupted. But this time when you do this make sure that you are downloading it from the legitimate website, rather you should try to get it from the app store only, I mean to say from the android market rather than any other website.

And apart from this make sure that the version you are downloading is compatible with the mobile you have otherwise the problem remain same though you have installed it newly.

if suppose you are still having problem with this game then I would you should try to reset the firmware because surely there is some trouble with the firmware only, as I have seen many people playing this game on their play.

Thus while resetting the firmware I would suggest you that you should try with first soft resetting, but if that won’t work you can have another option as resetting the firmware through hard reset. But while doing this as well, I would say you should keep backup of all your important data before they get wiped out, as soft resetting will only recover the previous settings to the phone but nothing will be wiped but when you make a hard reset it will surely wiped out everything from the device.

as the above user mentioned that you should try to reset the firmware, but if you are willing to do that then I would rather suggest you to reinstall the whole firmware in your mobile, because as the extent to I know the game you have mentioned is preinstall with the firmware.

Thus if you reinstall the firmware in your mobile it will simply install the game as well.