Thread: How to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to PC using MTP mode

How to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to PC using MTP mode

Does anyone know how to connect the Xperia play to computer by the use of MTP mode? This is the first time I am hearing this mode and I don’t know what to do with this thing. I have looked over everywhere but I didn’t get particular information on this phone. Can anyone suggest me?

Re: How to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to PC using MTP mode

So have you ever seen that you have the latest version of PC Companion have? Which is stored on the player to the setup is a little older chon. So you want to download from the SE website. Which Windows do you have? And the 32 or 64? The PC Companion and also the driver from making and problems.... You can also Connectivity settings in the mass storage mode change should work flawlessly, with the restriction that no state in the connected mobile phone can access the memory card.

I read somewhere that the MTP-2.3.4 with Android application is no longer pushing to the fore and the program can be started in the notification bar. Is it also possible to mass memory in the groin?

If you switch to memory card mode, then the map exclusive connected with the PC and mobile decoupled in time .... The media transfer mode allows only the access to the memory card but not on hidden folders and simultaneously by mobile phone from..... has the advantage that all apps can be further used during the data transfer but the disadvantage that the data traffic from a process-android (MTP) is controlled which makes the mobile slower in time and will slow the data transfer.

Sony Ericsson has a new accessory for its line of Xperia smartphones 2011 (except on Play ): The LiveDock. Much more than a dock, where you can connect devices using the USB Host. Being a USB Host port, I thought it was possible to connect USB memory sticks. Unfortunately the connection, the device is not recognized ("A USB device is not supported is connected"). I also tried the Xperia Mini Pro Mode Mass Storage and MTP, and in both cases, the situation has been a failure. There may be other accessories for the LiveDock, but the lack of USB support is a big gap.

I just booted the computer while keeping the phone plugged in MTB mode left, and lo and behold, when you restart is at once "Connected with Xperia play" Try and do that, might work with you, too. Unfortunately, it also tells me that the phone is up to date, is so still nothing with the firmware update.

Media transfer mode (MTP): The nearly all common protocol intended for communicating through Windows computers. In general, this is a default mode.
    • To modify the USB connection mode:
    • Connect your mobile phone to a PC by way of a USB cable.
    • Drag the status bar downward:
    • Push Connected Media Transfer mode to choose the Mass Storage mode.
    • Push Connect your phone> Connect your phone's memory card to choose media transfer mode.

Note: Do not disconnect the USB cable during data transfer mode transfer media to avoid data corruption. Make sure you have disconnected the USB cable properly..

Connect it and look in the Control Panel and uninstall it after USB device. Then connect and install drivers. As long as the old stuff is still there, you cannot reinstall it. But would you like to recommend My Phone Explorer is much more effective.

I am using the Nokia phone. In my case I have done Device Manager via Control Panel -> System> Hardware open. Now the N97 via USB and "Media transfer" option. In the Device Manager should now pop up "Portable Devices". Listed in it will show "MTP Device", right click and select "Uninstall". Parallel subtract the N97. Computer may restart and then re-connect the N97 via USB and "Media transfer" option. You should now have the MTP drivers are installed correctly and "N97" instead of "MTP Device" in the popup appear.

The easiest is probably re-install pc companion along with driver and uninstall. Alternatively, you can also try the device in Device Manager to uninstall & then after plug and play hardware search, find, he was supposed to if not first find and plug it from possibly restart both times.