Thread: Motorola Electrify is not recognizing the MicroSD card

Motorola Electrify is not recognizing the MicroSD card

I have recently purchased the Motorola Electrify mobile phone and after purchasing this I have also bought 32GB microSD card and after that I have insert the card in my mobile phone. After inserting the memory card in my mobile phone it has not recognized it. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: Motorola Electrify is not recognizing the MicroSD card

I have read your problem and I will first suggest you that you have to insert your SD card in other mobile phone and after that you have to check whether your SD card is working fine with other mobile phone or not. if you are facing the same problem after inserting the memory card in different device then I think problem is with the memory card.

Yes I am also agree with the above post you need to confirm that whether SD card is working with other device or not. if SD card is working with other device but not working with your device then you have to insert your SD card in the card reader and after that you have to connect the card reader with your computer and after that you have to format the memory card. First you have to go to the properties then you have to select the quick format and you have to select the FAT 32 option. Now after that click on the format. Now after your memory card gets formatted you have to remove the SD card from the card reader and then you have to insert the SD card in to your Motorola Electrify and after inserting the Motorola Electrify you have to check whether mobile phone is recognizing the card or not.

I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved and your Motorola Electrify will recognize the card properly.

According to me only formatting the card from computer is not enough but after formatting card from computer you have to format the card from the mobile phone and after that your Motorola Electrify will see the memory card properly. First format the memory card with from your mobile phone and after that check whether same problem is coming or not.

if you don’t know about how to format the memory card then you have to follow this steps.
    • First you have to go to the main menu by pressing the menu key.
    • Now after that you have to select the settings.
    • After selecting the settings you have to tap on the Unmount SD card option.
    • After that you have to select the Format SD card option.

After doing that you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not.

Thank you for helping me after referring your solution I have first checked my memory card with other mobile phone at that time it worked fine and after that I have format the memory card from my computer and then when I inserted the memory card and then tried to format the memory card from the mobile phone at that time also my mobile phone was not recognizing the SD card. Now after that I have tried other card with my mobile phone and that SD card doesn’t recognized by my phone also.

if anyone facing the same problem and have solution regarding this then let me know.

As you have mentioned in your post that that you are not able to fix this issue after trying the above solution also and with the different SD card also your mobile phone is giving same problem then I think problem is with your Motorola Electrify and you need to try to solve this problem by resetting the mobile phone and after resetting the mobile phone you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

TO reset the Motorola Electrify phone you have to follow these steps.

1. Turn off the phone, press and hold the volume button, press power button
    2. Screen will appear with "Fastboot", press VOL down to scroll through the options until you reach "recovery Android", then press Vol key
    3. After that you have to Wait for the " Android or triangle" screen and then go to step 4
    4. Press both Vol and Vol down at the same time. A menu will come up
    5. Tap the Volume Down key until "delete data / factory reset" is highlighted, and press the power key. Another confirmation screen will come. Vol tap down to get to Yes and press the power key
    6. After user data is cleared, the system "reboot now" option will be highlighted by default. Press power key
    7. Phone will reboot to the setup screen.
    8. After you finished with the reset setting you have to check mobile is recognizing the memory card or not. if your memory card gets recognized then you have to format the card from your mobile phone also and after that check whether your problem get solved or not.

if problem still remains after resetting the device also then you have to contact the Motorola service center and then you have to tell them about the problem which you are facing in your mobile phone regarding your memory card. after that they will check your mobile phone and give you the solution.

i have tried to resetting the Motorola Electrify phone and after resetting the Motorola Electrify mobile phone I I have checked for the memory card in my Motorola Electrify mobile phone. now after that I was getting the option for the format memory card and then I have formatted the card from my Motorola Electrify and my problem get solved.