Thread: Upgrade Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Micro SD card from class 2 8GB to class 4 32GB

Upgrade Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Micro SD card from class 2 8GB to class 4 32GB

Few days ago I have purchased the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. When I bought, it comes with the Class 2 8GB Micro SD card. Right now I am curious about upgrading it about class 4 32GB. Do you think that this phone is capable to support class 4 32GB or not? Can anyone give me suggestion over this?

Re: Upgrade Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Micro SD card from class 2 8GB to class 4 32GB

To the speed class can be said that these testify only about the writing speed of the card. Class 2 provides guaranteed 2MB / s, Class 4 provides guaranteed 4MB / s, etc! The read speed is always above the write speed and the classes are so-called minimum requirements! It may well be that a Class 4 card is a Class 6 card surpasses in every way!

The best value for the microSDHC cards are in my opinion, the 8 GB cards. I'm going to buy a future for my Xperia play and the time flirting with an 8 GB microSDHC card with Class 4 SanDisk. This has sent the above link pretty well off.

Re: Upgrade Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Micro SD card from class 2 8GB to class 4 32GB

Class 4 is only worthwhile if you regularly store much data on the card, for example every other day for 2 GB seized on it new music. For programs and playing music ranging from Class 2

As far as I know there are only 8GB cards. Therefore do not notice the difference between Class 2 and class 4 because they are not SDHC cards. The addition guarantees a minimum HC Speed time. Class at a 2 to 2 MB for example transmission. Without the addition HC can / are usually the values are very significantly lower (of course there's also ripping)! If so you should get a 16 GB SDHC as it would for the Play's great. When applications, or panels that are either on device or memory card (and then onto the memory card) installed, then that's just from time to load (+ Benchmark and rather jerky video) attention!

I have not measured it, but seen and experienced - in cameras, it can feel really clear what's in it for a card. Mainly for fast continuous shooting, but that way. Since I had no MicroSD inside, except a different format. How it behaves in cell phones, so I have not tested this.

Depends on what you need. Today with 16 GB it is enough for your phone rather than. The classes indicate the minimum transfer speed of the card in megabytes per second. Therefore the class 2 ensure at least a speed of 2MB per second, Class 4 4MB per second and so the Class 10 being the fastest. The usefulness of this is enormous, especially in a terminal not noted for its internal memory. This is evident in the cuts or pulling on the picture or sound that can sometimes have the videos in a class 10 you make sure you do not have these problems, but I would say with a class 6 can shoot pretty good and a class 4 is doubling the speed of the card with the phone ...

Sandisk claims that the first memory manufacturer to micro-SDHC cards with a similar capacity to deliver. So far remained micro SDHC cards stabbing at a maximum available storage capacity of 16GB. The 32GB micro SDHC cards are manufactured by SanDisk with a 32nm process technology and X3. In X3, 3 bits per cell in the nano-flash memory storage. The ticket has been given Class 2 label, where the minimum write speed is 2Mbps. The manufacturer expects the 32GB cards about two weeks in the Benelux to offer. Each ticket gets under SanDisk five years warranty. The retail price is 154 euros.

SDHC stands for Secure Digital High Capacity and these are all cards 4-32 GB. Although there appear sporadically on 4 GB SD, but they are not fully compatible and do not work in many devices.

I have a Fuze, but with a 16GB card. In theory you should have no problem with a 32, to see if anyone with one you can confirm. And about eight thousand files I would not worry much, as you say you're going to get FLACSO, they occupy more than the compressed formats, and I doubt you can get to that number of files, unless they are a very small or Flacks I am wrong.