Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play drains battery quickly while using 3G connection

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play drains battery quickly while using 3G connection

Hi, I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and it works perfectly regardless of its battery life or I think I am not sure about the battery consumption, thus please let me know about it.

If I tell you in brief the thing is like whenever I select 3G mode on the phone it just drains the battery within 8 to 9 hours only, but if I select 2G mode at that time it works till 1 and half day, is it proper consumption or there is some problem with the device. Because I have activated 3G just right now only so just experienced it now only.

Any suggestion for would hugely appreciated.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play drains battery quickly while using 3G connection

according to me your mobile’s battery consumption is quite perfect, I am not sure about the 3G connection but still in 2G it is fine with the 1 and half day as far as smartphones are concern.

But still if you want to test the hardware more precisely you can have option as you can make use of another batter in you mobile and then see what happens, because if the newer battery also works for the same time then you can understand as there isn’t any such problem in the phone and if suppose the battery remains for longer that surely means some problem with the battery of your phone, thus here you can either buy another one for your phone or simply get an replacement for the older one.

• Make sure you are quitting the application after making use of it.

• Avoid using third party application.

• Try to make use of recommended brightness rather than putting it extremely high.

• Avoid using GPS for maximum time.

And if you are using the phone I have restricted then I would say there isn’t any problem with the device rather you should try to enhance your usage.

As you have mentioned that you are making used of 3G connection then let me tell you as the batter consumption would be surely going to increase because when you select that network it exercises more bandwidth from the network and it seems that you must be using many internet based application with the phone. Because that’s the only reason that can cause the battery to drain rapidly.

The battery life of the XPERIA Play is far enhanced than other Androids running Gingerbread. After a full charge the gadget provided sufficient juice to continue it running for 24 hours with reasonable utilization. Sony Ericsson states that the XPERIA Play should convey 8.5 hours of talk time and 5.5 hours of game play.

– I have heard then we can get replacement for any corrupt rather damaged hardware, so do I claim warranty?

dkbose Guest

You should try to update the device firmware once before doing anything because once I was also having same battery problem with the phone and after updating the firmware it was working perfectly, and almost I had gotten 5 to 6 hrs of extended time than the usual one.

I used to visit service center only whenever I got any problem with the phone and though I don’t have the same phone but would suggest you to visit the service center only rather than doing or applying some solution on your own, as it may cause some other problems as well.

and off course you should try to claim the warranty for your device, before the warranty period gets over, and still be aware as there is certain rules for claiming the warranty. And you’ll not get replacement if the particular specified time period would be went. And though you have gotten one year of warranty for the device but other accessories have their own period as the earphone has only six months of warranty, within that period only you can claim the warranty, or else with no other option you have to buy it and same for the battery as well.