Thread: Unable to boot Lenovo ThinkPad T420

Unable to boot Lenovo ThinkPad T420

I am using Lenovo ThinkPad T420 at my office. It has Windows XP on it. The system was working fine. At the time of leaving when I turned it off there was a message that there are some pending updates. But it was taking too much time. I turned off the laptop and went. This morning when I turned it on the laptop is not able to boot. It is not working. The system failed to boot.

What exact error you are getting. You have to boot the system in safe mode. Once it starts in safe mode you will be able to run system restore. This will fix the problem. Next time take care. Let the updates install first and then only turn off the system. Because if you switch it off in between there are chances that the pc will fail to boot. Most of the time the system will boot in safe mode but if not then you have to install windows back again.

Re: Unable to boot Lenovo ThinkPad T420

If system restore does not work then you will need a windows installation disc to resolve the problem. Boot your system with that and click on Repair. You will see that on the installation menu. In the menu go in cmd and type sfc /scannow and hit enter. This process will take long time but it will fix the damage system files. You can also run system restore from the same place.

Re: Unable to boot Lenovo ThinkPad T420

this is a hardware issue. I have two t420 (type 4177) both freeze at the Windows splash screen. I had to send them back to Lenovo to replace the system board. Lenovo had a batch of bad system boards. Units purchased June and August 2011. I have dozens of Lenovo laptops and have never had issues...