Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play touch screen not working

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play touch screen not working

Hi, I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia Play from last 3 months and it was working fine but from yesterday night I have started getting problem with the phone as the touch screen is not working perfectly. Sometimes it get input and sometime it just won’t responds at all.

Don’t know what could be the problem, but just suddenly when I was trying to unlock the phone in the morning it was not getting input through the screen. What could be the problem any idea ?

Need suggestion urgently.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play touch screen not working

There are a couple of things you might attempt to get it resolved as first of all Do you utilized an adhesive screen protector? Because screen protector which is conscientious beneath the screen edge may be obstruct with touch screen calibration. infrequently, just having the screen protector on the screen can cause the issue. Thus at this moment you should try to remove the screen protector.

You may have fragments fascinated beneath the edge of the screen. make use of the corner of a piece of thin, stiff paper (printer paper works well) to extremely quietly slide all around the edge of the screen. Don't let the curve of the paper travel further an eighth of an inch under the screen edge frame. By doing this, you may be capable to remove small particles of debris trapped under the frame.

sometimes because of dirt the phone screen stops responding. So is there any such substance went inside the touch screen? If yes then you should try to get it clean first and then see what happens.

And have you ever dropped the mobile from height? If yes then let me tell you as if there could be any damage in the hardware because of that then you’ll not be able to claim warranty for the same.

see though there could be any problem with the device as whether it could be a software problem or hardware but it is always prefer to start with the software thus I would like to suggest you that you should try to reinstall the firmware of your phone and then see what happens. I know this must be stupid reason but still I have found too many people’s with the smartphone whose mobile’s touch screen was not working just because of the firmware that have installed, actually the thing was like the firmware they had installed was corrupted.

So reinstall the firmware and see what happens.

If suppose there is some hardware problem in the phone, and it seem the same only. Because I have tried reinstalling the firmware as well but still no luck.

So I was asking like whether I would get the warranty for the same ? or I have to pay them for getting is repaired? And if suppose I have to pay them then shall I prefer any other technician to get it repaired because as the extent to I know support center will surely charge more than then outsiders.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah you are right as the service center will surely charge you more than other technicians but still there is an advantage of this, because as you are asking that whether you’ll get the warranty benefit or not so to the answer to this I would say there are certain protocols rather rules that they have to follow in order to work against claim warranty, and if you are considered within those rules than surely you’ll get the service for free.

Another major advantage is like if suppose there is need of replacement of any hardware then you’ll get original hardware installed in the phone if you get it from the service center, and there is no guarantee that other technician will also put the same hardware in to your phone.