Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play not booting after firmware update

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play not booting after firmware update

Hi, I have bought this phone before some months ago and it was working perfectly before I updated the firmware to the phone, but don’t know what happened to the phone right now it is not even able to reboot, it is been completely shut off. I have tried all the possible rather know things to me to get it resolved but still no luck as it is not getting started however.

Any idea what could be the problem? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play not booting after firmware update

- As you have mentioned that the phone is not even getting started after firmware update, so that doesn’t only means that there could be some problem with the firmware only in other words in software only, have you checked the battery ever after upgrading the firmware? Because it might be possible that there isn’t any such problem in the phone, rather battery is drained wholly. So according to me you should first try to make sure whether the battery is charged or not.

Try to charge the battery the phone will boot automatically, if not then try to make use of another charger, and if still not starting then you can simply connect the mobile to PC through USB cable, and still pursuing the same problem then I think there could be some problem with the hardware only.

I am agree with the above user but still you should try to charge the batter through external charger and then see what happens, because are you sure that the charger you are using is working perfectly or not?

I would simply suggest you to reset the firmware you have installed because after doing that you’ll surely get the phone work again.

You can simply remove the battery out of your phone and keep it outside only for hardly 3 to 4 minutes and then put it back to the phone and then seen whether it is getting started or not. But before that let me tell you as you should backup the data first from your phone.

You can simply remove the memory card and then do this process so it won’t harm any data presented in the card.

As you have mentioned that the problem started after you have updated the firmware thus it seems that there could be some problem with the newer firmware that you have installed, thus as suggested by the above user you can either reset the firmware but my recommendation is quite different to simply reinstall the whole firmware again in your phone.

And by the way when you had done that for the first time was a OTA update or through the PC? Because I have heard that the OTA update most of the time gets failed and causes such a problem with the phone so this time whenever you try to update the firmware again in the phone make sure you are updating it through the PC only.

have tried the things that you have mentioned but still no luck as it is not even getting started.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion, I think service center is the last option left.

According to me better option would be to visit the service center because I think there could be some problem with the phone’s hardware, because I was once having same problem but it was been resolved very early after I update the firmware of my phone. But at that time as well I visit the service center, no doubt you can do this on your own as well if you know the steps very well, but as a safer side I would always prefer to visit the service center only if the device is also in warranty period.

The main thing is like if you visit the service center you’ll get the proper suggestion rather treatment to the phone and whatever problem would be there with the phone they will surely get it worked again, and if suppose there is need of any hardware replacement then also it would be free of cost, but as mentioned you must have to have warranty period remaining.